OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Meaning behind the boney patches

Started by ScottTaulbee, March 08, 2024, 10:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottTaulbee

I remember seeing a thread on here that had what each boney patch symbolized. I believe I remember seeing last years was something along the lines of being so blind sided by killing a turkey he stepped on a snake or something. Anyhow, do y'all the know the "stories" behind them?. What's the story on the 2024?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

In Old Gobbler Words: Boney the story, the short verision ( not the Long one)  is he embodies the spirit of the turkey hunters who literally live and die to the turkey hunt, I know a few buried in head to toe turkey hunting camouflage mossy oak). another old generous gentleman who passed away and they found him under a shady oak tree. They lived for turkey hunting, thought about it constantly ( do you know someone like that?.

Boney symbolizes the turkey hunter in us that will hunt forever

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Jfowler82

The patch kinda looks like me at the end of the season ! So I figured I would get one ! lol

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 08, 2024, 10:30:58 AM
In Old Gobbler Words: Boney the story, the short verision ( not the Long one)  is he embodies the spirit of the turkey hunters who literally live and die to the turkey hunt, I know a few buried in head to toe turkey hunting camouflage mossy oak). another old generous gentleman who passed away and they found him under a shady oak tree. They lived for turkey hunting, thought about it constantly ( do you know someone like that?.

Where did you find that Greg?.

Greg Massey

Quote from: ScottTaulbee on March 08, 2024, 01:20:59 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on March 08, 2024, 10:30:58 AM

Where did you find that Greg?.

Search: Boney Patches

Greg Massey

tad1

Scott, like fine art or music, it means whatever it means to you.  The most recent boney to me represents gratefulness, and elation.  You know what its like to be standing on a gobbler making his last few flops!!!
    Yes, it is timeless.....