News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Snake boots, gaiters or chaps

Started by BuffetSlayer, March 03, 2024, 02:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

10th Legionaire

Quote from: 10th Legionaire on March 04, 2024, 06:30:39 PM
I have never worn any of them before. But, I have been hearing of more snake sightings around me. I've always known we have copperheads but a few years ago our DNR released timber rattlesnakes "to balance the ecosystem". I'm also planning a trip to SW Oklahoma.

As a result I bought a pair of Chippewa pull on boots. I have been out hiking/scouting in them and my initial thoughts are that I like them much more than I thought I would. I've only got about 10 miles in them so time will tell.
Less is more

10th Legionaire

Sorry about the double post. Trying to get the forum figured out
Less is more

OJR

Used to wear ankle high Merrill's. And have seen some impressive snakes out in the turkey woods.
As I have aged and gotten fat and slow, I switched to snake boots. I wear Rocky side-zip that are supposedly waterproof. So far, they have done great.

Gman

Quote from: OJR on March 05, 2024, 12:38:48 PM
Used to wear ankle high Merrill's. And have seen some impressive snakes out in the turkey woods.
As I have aged and gotten fat and slow, I switched to snake boots. I wear Rocky side-zip that are supposedly waterproof. So far, they have done great.

What model of Rocky snake boot are you using?

Flagobbler

I hunt river bottom swamps by boat and needed snake proof hip-waders to get from the boat to semi-dry land. I go through a lot of water that is over knee high.  Plus the hunting area is full of sloughs.  Last season I bought the Dan's Hunting Gear Snake Protector Frog Legs---snake proof hip waders. They have numerous boot options and I went with the Lacrosse Agility boots.  They sew and seam weld the snake-proof waders to the boot.  One season so far and no leaks....very happy with the purchase.

OJR

Quote from: Gman on March 05, 2024, 02:45:18 PM

Rocky Low Country waterproof.

https://tacticalgear.com/rocky-low-country-snake-boot-side-zip-waterproof-mossy-oak-breakup-country?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_campaign=bingads&ft=e3f7bec5-8df6-438f-88ce-592a9bedc97a&msclkid=941092c93422120300b8f72eb1c36fd6&utm_content=all#/24268/5131,14991,23549/1&dl=b&catr=1

Gman

Quote from: OJR on March 05, 2024, 03:54:10 PM
Quote from: Gman on March 05, 2024, 02:45:18 PM

Thank You!

Rocky Low Country waterproof.

https://tacticalgear.com/rocky-low-country-snake-boot-side-zip-waterproof-mossy-oak-breakup-country?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_campaign=bingads&ft=e3f7bec5-8df6-438f-88ce-592a9bedc97a&msclkid=941092c93422120300b8f72eb1c36fd6&utm_content=all#/24268/5131,14991,23549/1&dl=b&catr=1

Southernson13

I can tell you not to buy the new lacrosse alpha agility snake boots. Bought them to wear regularly for work as a forester and they are anything but durable. Walking through any blackberry vine or devils walking stick absolutely shredded them to the liner. Not at all convinced they would stop fangs from even a small moccasin or copperhead. They damn sure ain't stopping a rattler.

BuffetSlayer

Thanks for the heads up on the lacrosse alpha agility snake boots.