turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nomad pant question

Started by nyhunter, March 09, 2024, 08:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyhunter

can someone that has both tell me the difference between the nomad stretch lite pants pants the Pursuit pants ?

Thank you, Gerri

macmcdaniel

The pursuit have an adjustable waistband. The stretch light do not.

Zach.Hannigan

I just my ordered my 1st pair of ol tom pants today. Was debating between a pair of nomads and them. How do you like the nomads if you already have some? If not an you get some in let us know what ya think bout em. 

Sungrazer

Quote from: Zach.Hannigan on March 11, 2024, 09:07:07 PM
I just my ordered my 1st pair of ol tom pants today. Was debating between a pair of nomads and them. How do you like the nomads if you already have some? If not an you get some in let us know what ya think bout em.
Really like my Nomad stretch lite pant, but not on cold mornings. They are very thin, quiet, and comfortable. Perfect for warmer days.

Burney Mac

The pursuits have an adjustable elastic waist band with two layers or fabric over the knees with button cargo pockets and slash front pockets. Not your typical floppy BDU cargo pocket but just right imo. I have a 34 waist and wear the mediums and the length is fine. I usually wear 34-36" inseam pants depending on who makes them. They are athletically cut enough for me and I can also wear a base layer under them if need be. They have 4 way stretch, dry quickly, extremely comfortable and surprising pretty darn tough. I think this will be the 5th season on the two pairs I have and they still look good and I've worn them 30 plus days turkey hunting a season, all deer season, even killed an elk in them.

The stretch lites do not have an adjustable waistband and the entire pant is a single layer. The cargo pockets have zipper closure. I wear a large in these and the mediums fit like the new fad skinny jeans. If you want an extreme athletic nut hugger fit this would be them. I'd size up in the waist but the length is only like 32" I think. I think they're 4 way stretch as well.

The ol toms have what is supposed to be some type of knee layer and butt layer. I walked through one green briar patch last year and was not pleased with the result. The waits band has no flex but does have velcro tabs for adjustment. They have more of a 2 way stretch. The sizing is off and the larges are baggy for my likening while the mediums are a touch snug.

For the best all around pant IMO it would be the pursuits.
"It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

Flagobbler

Manager8

Some great feedback I'm going to get the Pursuit

Zach.Hannigan

My ol Tom's are waiting at the house first thing I'm doing after work if gonna throw them on and see first thoughts. Might have to grab a pair of those nomad pursuits with all the good feed back on them.