OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ms sawmill/ lumber supply.

Started by Paulmyr, March 06, 2024, 11:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulmyr

I'm going to be in north Ms in about a week and I'm looking to pick up some lumber thats not readily available for milling in my area like hickory, cherry, poplar, and the like.

Any one aware of a sawmill or lumber supply in the Holly springs area where a guy could pick up some 10/4 lumber?
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Notsoyoungturk

I live not far from Holly Springs in TN.  Not familiar with any local mills but not something I track.  Most of the ones I know are in the area south of Jackson, MS.  I will ask around and see if I hear anything.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

square

D and T Sawmill in Grand Junction TN is close to Holly Springs

Paulmyr

Thanks guys. D&T might be doable.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

JeffC

what are you looking for Paul 10/4 x ? . Have a great saw mill up here in SE PA. buy rough sawn there all the time. actual heading up there soon.  Hearne Hardwoods, great selection, even exotic wood.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Paulmyr

Quote from: JeffC on March 08, 2024, 06:09:12 PM
what are you looking for Paul 10/4 x ? . Have a great saw mill up here in SE PA. buy rough sawn there all the time. actual heading up there soon.  Hearne Hardwoods, great selection, even exotic wood.

Thanks Jeff, I actually have a 16ft portable sawmill. I can cut all the hard maple ,oak, ash I need. I have some walnut and ash drying right now.

I'm looking to find other popular wood used in making calls thats not readily available in my area. I'd need to put my eyes on it. Looking for 10/4, about 6' to 8' long, quarter sawn preferably. I'd be stuffing them in the back of the suburban under the air mattress while I'm there. Not sure how much I'd be looking for. I supposed it depends on what I can find. Cherry and Hickory would be a good start.