OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tillery Game Land

Started by Zach.Hannigan, March 06, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zach.Hannigan

Hey guys. I drew a tag for tillery gameland in NC. it's draw only turkey hunts so I ain't blowing up no one's local public spot. Im about 7 hours away im SC. I just want to know if anyone's hunted it before and if it has a decent population of birds. I'm waiting on a call back from a land manager in that area to ask him what kind of managing they do there if any. My hunt is may 9,10 and the 11 so I got a few days to get it done. Any insight would be appreciated and if no one replies to this thread I also understand that amd know that's how it goes.

ruination

Err.  To state the public land obvious.

Posting about a draw will still...draw... attention.  I'm sure you just made several people cringe.

If someone were to say anything about it they would decrease their own chances of getting drawn next year.

Take a ride.
.410 Favors the Bold

bigdrumnc

Why would you take a local guys chance if you have no clue what it's like.  FYI Roanoke rapids can be a rough place!!!

RS

I hunt about 15 miles west of Tillery. You'll be hunting the last 3 days of the season and gobbling activity can be pretty much done by then. Also it can be plenty hot.