turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Alps Outdoorz Impact vest

Started by speedracer, March 06, 2024, 12:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedracer

Anybody using this vest? I bought one this past offseason cuz I was looking for something lighter than the Alps Grand Slam but still well made...
I like the vest until I want to deploy the seat and haven't figured out how to do it without unclipping the straps... can't say I really like that. Anybody else find this to be bothersome??
Rick
"The credit goes to him who is in the arena, whose face is marred by sweat and blood, who, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." T Roosevelt

derek

I grabbed one at a good price a month or so ago... really like the layout of the vest and being able to sit without a tree (I've been using a kickstand vest for years)... but I'm with you.. the one thing I can't get over is flipping the seat down - you have to undo the front buckles, which is fine because I'm used to slipping out of a vest when I sit down regardless (unless I don't have time), but the motion/noise of flipping the seat down from behind me was more than I was looking for and I went on the hunt for something else.  Pretty glad I did. 
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

speedracer

Thanks Derek, did you actually find something else that you like? And if so what was it?
I have an old Field Line Fanny pack built for Turkey hunting that I use when it warms up but in early season I kinda like a vest for the back pad and to keep my butt off the wet ground. I've been using a K&H Run & Gun 200 and really like it but I just don't see it holding up for more than a few years, it just isn't very heavy duty...
Rick
"The credit goes to him who is in the arena, whose face is marred by sweat and blood, who, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." T Roosevelt

derek

Funny enough, the Knight and Hale RNG200.   I've made a few simple modifications and I'm really digging it so far.  Main goal to keep it light but still have some critical features, i.e. water bladder.  Looking forward to spending more time in the woods with it but 99% sure I'll be starting with it this season.   I will miss being able to comfortably sit without a tree, but I think I'll find myself staying in the vest more frequently with this.  I was constantly ditching my vest before.
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com