Preseason chatter

Started by POk3s, March 07, 2024, 01:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

Hoosier2

That's what I'm talkin about Yoder! Way to get em ol son

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delmar ODonnell

Congratulations Don! Can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures!

Yoder409

Thanks, fellers.

In my hotel room in Merida trying to figure out how to get a picture from my Flickr account to here, via my phone......   But I'm old and tech-challenged. 

Hoping to be home by Monday night.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tom007

Quote from: Yoder409 on March 16, 2024, 01:04:13 AM
Thanks, fellers.

In my hotel room in Merida trying to figure out how to get a picture from my Flickr account to here, via my phone......   But I'm old and tech-challenged. 

Hoping to be home by Monday night.

Safe trip, congrats again!
"Solo hunter"

POk3s

Yoder if you want to email them to me, I can post them for you!

TrentRWilliams1@gmail.com

Mossyguy

Watched a group of about 12 or so with 2 gobblers this evening trying to figure out where they were headed. Since I have to work I told my dad where I think they may be roosting so he can give them a try in the morning. I think one of the birds may be a 4 year so I told my dad to let him go and shoot the smaller one :)

harleytom

Quote from: Mossyguy on March 17, 2024, 08:35:56 PM
Watched a group of about 12 or so with 2 gobblers this evening trying to figure out where they were headed. Since I have to work I told my dad where I think they may be roosting so he can give them a try in the morning. I think one of the birds may be a 4 year so I told my dad to let him go and shoot the smaller one :)
I'll bet he'll do just that too!

Yoder409

Quote from: POk3s on March 16, 2024, 11:33:44 PM
Yoder if you want to email them to me, I can post them for you!

TrentRWilliams1@gmail.com

Thanks, Trent !!!   But, I drove home last night (17 hours) and am a tad hung over from the drive.  Hoping to post up some pics this evening.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Mossyguy

Quote from: harleytom on March 18, 2024, 05:40:15 AM
I think one of the birds may be a 4 year so I told my dad to let him go and shoot the smaller one :)

He didn't listen....he shot the big one this afternoon...

harleytom

[quote name="harleytom" post=1178371 timestamp=1710754815]<br />[quote name="Mossyguy" post=1178290 timestamp=1710722156]<br />I think one of the birds may be a 4 year so I told my dad to let him go and shoot the smaller one :)<br />[/quote]<br />I'll bet he'll do just that too! <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk<br />[/quote]<br /><br />He didn't listen....he shot the big one this afternoon...

POk3s

Quote from: Mossyguy on March 18, 2024, 06:50:39 PM
Quote from: harleytom on March 18, 2024, 05:40:15 AM
I think one of the birds may be a 4 year so I told my dad to let him go and shoot the smaller one :)

Surely you didn't expect anything different ;)

He didn't listen....he shot the big one this afternoon...

Yoder409

So the bummer about the Ocellated birds is that I TOTALLY neglected to get a picture of the scale and I really didn't have a chance to get the picture with the paper.

My bigger bird was 11 lbs 1 oz
1 7/8" spurs

That figures to 48.6 points, I believe.  But, probably no sense in even trying to enter it.  Dunno.

The smaller bird was 10 lbs 8 oz
1 3/4" spurs
PA elitist since 1979

Zobo

Sound like smaller birds with some killer hooks! Congrats, pretty cool!!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Yoder409

Quote from: Zobo on March 19, 2024, 10:11:24 PM
Sound like smaller birds with some killer hooks!

Very accurate description.   Yep !!

There was one legit 2" bird taken.
PA elitist since 1979