Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Preseason chatter

Started by POk3s, March 07, 2024, 01:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POk3s

Since we've got the team section up and running, I figured I would just start this thread, while I had the time. Carry on snd let's move the calendar forward about a month!!!

harleytom

I start in MS next Friday. Haven't seen a lot so far but I'll be out there giving it my best shot. AL prospects look much better but don't start there until April 1st.  Good luck to everyone chasing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twyatt

I'm about to go bonkers waiting on the season to get here in VA.  Youth day is 4/6 and I have some pretty good spots picked out for my daughter, just not so sure about the rest of the season.  Seeing a couple birds here and there, but hoping more show up soon.   Still have more scouting to do, but boy are the days just dragging on.   I'm ready to go NOW!

Mossyguy

So far I have seen 4...3 two year olds and one that's a stud. My plan is to leave the younger ones to my dad and the big one for myself...as long as he stays on my side of the road!

POk3s

The latest vid from last year is up if you guys are interested in giving it a watch!

https://youtu.be/RdtJLSYOelw?si=kByzwM7JsJQOhGeW

Yoder409

Umma be huntin' in 4 days !!!    :blob10:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

JeffC

Safe travels Don, look forward to seeing and hearing about you successful hunt.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

zsully

A_Jabbo and I jump on a plane on St. Patty's day to head to Florida. After this past week, I'm ready to go NOW!!!!!!

Tom007

Quote from: zsully on March 07, 2024, 10:22:06 PM
A_Jabbo and I jump on a plane on St. Patty's day to head to Florida. After this past week, I'm ready to go NOW!!!!!!

Good luck to everyone who starts soon.....be safe
"Solo hunter"

Delmar ODonnell

Don, can't wait to see pictures of a beautiful osceallated. Any idea how you'll be hunting them? I find their "songs" very interesting, and listened to a recent podcast where they had a call that imitated their songs to call them in. Apparently they're very aggressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

From what I understand...... e-caller (FoxPro ?) and a decoy.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Yoder409

Headed to camp tomorrow.

Kinda pumped.
PA elitist since 1979

POk3s

Keep us updated Yoder!!! This is awesome!

Yoder409

Will do.

Never did figure out how to upload pics from my hosting site using my phone, so.......

Anything exciting happens, the pics may have to wait til I get back home.
PA elitist since 1979

POk3s

I go to "imgbb.com" and upload the pics then post the links. Only way I can get it to work too.