turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What cushion/seat to buy

Started by gamercer, March 06, 2024, 11:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gamercer

Looking for any recommendations for cushion/seat to try out this year?    I've been using one of the low profile strutter chairs and while comfortable, it's not very portable when needing to make a move.

runngun

After using a chair I don't know if you are going to be good with anything else 
But you can try Ms Glenda Greens inner tube cover. Lots of folks love them.  If you go that way, get her to add the strap to it. Make it easier to tote

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

crucible7

For a cushion, it's gonna be hard to beat a Glenda Green inner tube seat. I actually took the cushion off my vest and carry the tube cushion in my bird bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joshua

I ditched the cushions on my vest years ago. Nothing I've ever tried will beat the low pro seats. I can have it folded and in hand walking in just a few seconds if I need to move. Most times I'll just leave the seat and make a final move and sit on the ground if need be.
One thing I have learned about the seats tho, as you stated they can be cumbersome trying to run and gun. If you get him to answer and give him that extra 5 mins of silent treatment then that seat will keep you still and in place and possibly pay off with a 20# heavier walk headed back to the truck.
Patience has killed more turkeys than any gun, call or hunter combo in the history of the sport.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Tom007

When I don't use a vest, I use this from V-shaped stadium cushion by Therma-seat. It is fantastic, I also use it for deer hunting. You can sit for hours with no problem. Shoulder strap makes it easy to carry.....and folds flat....
"Solo hunter"

Boykin Hollow

This is what I use for deer and at one time turkey hunting,  I have since gone to the low profile chair

https://www.simmonssportinggoods.com/hunt-comfort-fatboy/

Academy once sold these also

tad1

I replace the thin cheapie in my ancient turkey vest , installed a zipper with a wheelbarrow innertube and it has been treating me good for many years now.  Yes, there's always the trade-off between mobility and comfort.  I also have what's called a fat boy cushion. Which is a thick foam cushion with a belt strap, and that foam is very very nice.  I haven't found a better cushion... Usually reserve that for deer hunts ladder stands.  I would think some of those low sitting chairs with backrest would be the cats meow, but I just cannot commit to carrying that.
  Sounds like Glenda had it figured out...

Number17

#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

tracker#1

I use Glenda's inner tube with my RGN 300 and the smaller kidney-shaped fatboy tucked into the gamebag on my full vest when used...

Johnhunter21

I was able to replace the tactical tatr seat with a "Fatboy Lite" cushion with some extra sewing. Definitely one of the best things Ive ever done.

Greg Massey

Glenda Green inner tube seat with waterproof material...USA made product ... awesome seat ...

BrowningGuy88

I have Cabelas Loungers and if I know I am or plan to hunt all day I'll carry it because I can sit for hours in it. They have accounted for several mid-morning birds that I would have left before I killed if I was sitting on the ground.

Last year, I bought a folding leg seat from Academy to try. I had to shed weight since my boy was hunting and I was carrying his stuff too. I absolutely love that little stool. Just bought another one last week for him. It weighs 1/4 of what the lounger does and where I'm hunting there is always a tree to sit by.

Wigsplitter

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

vthokie7227

Another vote for Glenda Green here. Her inner tube seat was a game changer.