OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Vests

Started by Originalsteak99, February 29, 2024, 11:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Originalsteak99

I'm trying to decide on a vest between the nomad killin time vest or the ol Tom time and motion gunslinger vest. Does anyone have any experience with either of these?

ScottTaulbee

I had the gun slinger, it was ok but it went to a new home after a season. I have no experience with the killin time vest but if it's like the MG vest they make, it'll be hot, heavy, and a lot of pockets in not so great places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runngun

I have both of them. Killing time will carry everything but the kitchen sink. It's heavy even empty. In my opinion, very well made and thought out.
Ol Tom is lightweight and has some good features. As matter of fact I took a lot of ideas from this vest to modify the other. Like the simple strap that snaps on and will hold the butt of my gun against my shoulder. Also the lanyards that hold locator calls.
Both are great vest and are at the opposite end of the spectrum. Ones heavy and one is very light. But both have good cushions.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

IhateMud

I have the Killin time and it is a good all around vest. It is a bit on the heavy side as far as vests go. You can remove the seat to save a bit of weight. I am a big guy and it fits me with room for adjustment. It will hold anything you need to take out into the woods. The dedicated call holders are easily accessible and offer a decent amount of protection. Lots of pockets. The only cons I have is I wish the game pouch was a little larger and the sunglass pouch is useless for me. I've used mine for a couple years and it's holding up well so far.

Flagobbler

Got the GunSlinger and hunted with it last year.  Great light vest with enough pockets. 

PaLmbHngr

Trying the Sitka vest this year. Used it on Saturday and I am liking it so far. It has enough room for what I take and I like using the water bladder. I am in South Florida and the last two years down here I used the Limbhanger vest and it was too hot and heavy. I like how breathable the Sitka is and how the seat operates. So far I am impressed.

g8rvet

I just got the Time and Motion.  After my Cabelas tactical Tat'r, it does not seem heavy at all.  I am a big guy and after running a chest pack some last year, I like being able to look down and see what I want.  I got tired of having to reach around behind me to get things (No expansion on the tat'r).  I am gonna try it this year and see how it is.  I like all the pocket options for sure.  Only thing missing is pocket for water bottle, but I bought some of the refillable flat ones and will toss them in the pouch.  I carry a seat so the pad that is a little thin is not an issue for me.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

cwhitfield96

I second the Sitka vest, doesn't have tons of extra pockets but fits well and carries what you need. My previous vest fit sloppy and was a pain to find what you want when you need it bc of all the pockets.

Tom007

Quote from: cwhitfield96 on March 05, 2024, 05:06:49 PM
I second the Sitka vest, doesn't have tons of extra pockets but fits well and carries what you need. My previous vest fit sloppy and was a pain to find what you want when you need it bc of all the pockets.

3rd on the Sitka. It does it all for me.....and the most adjustable fit vest on the market for sure......
"Solo hunter"