turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Recommendations on best hot weather LONG walk rubber turkey boots

Started by DMTJAGER, May 05, 2024, 11:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMTJAGER

Need three pairs of size 14 or 15 XW absolutely 100% waterproof turkey hunting boots for myself and my two sons.
Due to the combined factors of my budget limitations and need for 100% absolute waterproofness means almost certainly I will need to buy rubber/neoprene boots.

Need some experienced based recommendations on hot weather rubber/neoprene boots.

This year my last pair of waterproof leather boots (costly ones and not some el'cheapo MICC boots) not just failed but failed spectacularly so and by the end of the second hour of a 7.5hr hunt my boots, feet and socks were utterly soaked so badly might as well have been barefoot. You could literally here my boots make a "sqishing noise" with every step I took. Mind you this was ONLY from walking through high grass and weeds soaked in morning due and NOT from being submerged in water a single time. My boys also have the same quite costly boots and they all now leaking to varying degrees.

Any boot recommendations please bare in mind my average public land turkey hunt style is run and gun 90% of the time and entails covering a minimum of 8 miles and over 50% of the time 10-11 miles during in a 8 hour hunt. 

davisd9

They are all hot, and non are greatly comfortable, but hard to beat green lacrosse granges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

mdmitchell

Buy a quality lace up. You can put a gator over them to keep your legs dry. To me rubber boots are for a few hundred yard walk from the truck but they get real uncomfortable fast beyond that.

See Lowa, kenetrek, hanwag, crispi, zamberlan, etc.

I currently run Hanwag Alverstone - they're a bit stiff for the terrain but I'm a western hunter too and like a do all boot. The only moisture getting into them is your own sweat.

DMTJAGER

I currently run Hanwag Alverstone - they're a bit stiff for the terrain but I'm a western hunter too and like a do all boot. The only moisture getting into them is your own sweat.
[/quote]
Thank you for your reply and making me aware of the existence of Hunwag and Zamberland boots as I didn't know of their existence. Unfortunately their cost puts them as an option for ony me as I can not afford them for myself and my sons and only the Hunwag and Zamberland come in both 14 and wide sizes as I take a 14W. I will likely buy a pair depending on my research telling me which is the better boot Hunwag VS Zamberland.
I had looked at Crispi, lowe and Kentrek long ago but either they do not make a boot in 14W or if they do, I absolutely do not want it.
Again thanks for making me aware of Hunwag and Zumberland boots.

DMTJAGER

Quote from: davisd9 on May 05, 2024, 12:22:58 PMThey are all hot, and non are greatly comfortable, but hard to beat green lacrosse granges.

Yes sir you are indeed absolutely correct.
I own a BUNCH of Lacrosse Buleys and LaGrange's boots. I haven't bought any new rubber boots in so long all mine are still stamped "made in USA" and was optimistically hoping the tech used to make rubber/neoprene boots might have improved to a significant degree on managing/mitigating heat. But I see that is not the case.
Again thank you for your reply.

hootgobbleyelpgobble

Quote from: davisd9 on May 05, 2024, 12:22:58 PMThey are all hot, and non are greatly comfortable, but hard to beat green lacrosse granges.

This man speaks the truth.

mdmitchell

Quote from: DMTJAGER on May 05, 2024, 02:09:30 PMI currently run Hanwag Alverstone - they're a bit stiff for the terrain but I'm a western hunter too and like a do all boot. The only moisture getting into them is your own sweat.
Thank you for your reply and making me aware of the existence of Hunwag and Zamberland boots as I didn't know of their existence. Unfortunately their cost puts them as an option for ony me as I can not afford them for myself and my sons and only the Hunwag and Zamberland come in both 14 and wide sizes as I take a 14W. I will likely buy a pair depending on my research telling me which is the better boot Hunwag VS Zamberland.
I had looked at Crispi, lowe and Kentrek long ago but either they do not make a boot in 14W or if they do, I absolutely do not want it.
Again thanks for making me aware of Hunwag and Zumberland boots.
[/quote]
No worries- I'm a size 13-14 and Hanwag makes 13.5 which is perfect. I don't have a wide foot but I have to have a wide in hanwags.

They are an investment and can understand why you wouldn't wanna drop the coin. I do a lot of elk hunting so it's easy for me to spend the money as I get alot of use.