turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cell Signal Booster Ideas or Suggestions

Started by FLGobstopper, February 28, 2024, 01:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLGobstopper

I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile last year and hunted in my home state and bordering and even had a big trip out west and didn't encounter any real issue with service. The past couple months buddies and I have been hitting some new areas with our bird dogs chasing quail and of course always looking for turkeys. Some of these spots my service has been bad to non-existent which doesn't bother me too much except for trying to communicate or meet up with guys from time to time. Also, one of these areas is a large military base which requires you to check in and out of online as you come and go which becomes problematic with very limited signal. I have a Garmin InReach I could text on but that doesn't help me with the other issue. Plus I think it would be more beneficial to have some added connectivity for other reasons as I do travel quite a bit.

Any of y'all have any experience with cell phone boosters or antennas for your truck that have helped you remedy the situation?

Paulmyr

I find sometimes when I'm in a bad reception area if I set my phone on the ground I can get enough reception to make a phone call or send a text. Not always, but sometimes.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

paboxcall

Use Verizon, and WeBoost for the truck. So long as you can get a bar of service it will boost the signal.

But if you are in area that simply doesn't service T-Mobile, a booster isn't the solution.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Wigsplitter

arkrem870

I have a weboost mounted on my tool box......it works very well but it can't boost what's not there at all. Having it above the cab helps

Neill_Prater

That's why I have stayed with Verizon for 25 years. There are areas I can't get service, but far fewer than, from my observations, other carriers.

An example. My grandson's tree stand fell while he was hunting public land in November, breaking all 4 bones in his lower legs. He was hunting an area that he has hunted opening weekend for several years. His hunting buddies were all in town at Walmart at the time, and wouldn't have thought anything about him not returning to camp for several hours.

He had just switched from T Mobile to Verizon a few weeks before. He told me he would have been screwed if he still had T Mobile because he never had service when hunting there in the past.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Paulmyr

Pretty sure 911 calls are completed no matter what provider you have using the available towers.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Sir-diealot

Just a thought but maybe a cheap burner phone that connects through another service provider that you can add time to as you need it, I just use a tracfone and it has service everywhere my friends of all different services have service and some places they don't.

Sent from my SM-S136DL using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."