North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

DO You Remember The Cost Of your First Auto - Shotgun ? Pump

Started by Greg Massey, February 01, 2024, 09:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Augusta

20 gauge 870 from J.C. Penney's in Morgantown WV back in the 70's for $140
Yes, J. C. Penney's sold guns back then.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

tak

I purchased a Remington 11-87 Special Purpose with 26" barrel in 1987. I believe the price was around $225. This was when the Special Purpose had a parkerized finish. It's still the shotgun I use while hunting.

rt2bowhunter

The first shotgun first gun really i bought for myself was in 1977 i just turned 18. I went to Greens Hardware store and gave $160 for a 870 Wingmaster 30" full choke. I used that shot gun for years and years well up until i was in my early 30's. Then i bought a 835 when they first came out it was a goose gun back then. At least that was what i was told lol. Boy that sucker would kill a Turkey.

Bigfootwolff

My first pump shotgun was a 12 gauge Winchester Ranger 120 on sale at Oshman's Sporting Goods in Houston back in 1986 or 1987.   Shot alot game with that gun before selling it to get a Remington 870 Express in 12 gauge a few years later.

Flagobbler

Bought my Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag brand new at Walmart in Realtree Hardwoods in 2004 for $295.00.  After 20 years of busting heads, I retired it and will be heading into 2024 with a 20 ga.  BTW: Shot 3.5" the past 20 years and did not whine about it one bit.  :popcorn:

slicksbeagles1

My first gun was a single shot 20 that I think my father bought me and hunted with it until I was 15. For Christmas one year they had some kind of Remington auto on sale at Kmart and my parents bought it for me that sucker would jam and we took it back for a refund. Then my grandfather took me to Bob's Boat Mart and he bought me an 1100 LW 20ga 28" barrel. The whole time he was trying to talk me into to getting a double barrel but, I had to have an auto like every one else. I have hunted with it since. I killed my first turkey with it in 2006. Then I thought I needed a 12 ga and bought a Winchester SX2 for I think 700.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottTaulbee

My first pump was a Mossberg 500 in 2003. 150$.
My first auto was a 1964 Belgium Browning Auto 5 Magnum 12 that I had dreamed of owning since I was a kid. Paid 750$ for it in 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk