Previous topic - Next topic

Leadchunker

Is browning still using this on there new camo guns

RED NECK

No, they havent in years.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

WVhuntEER

I have an Xbolt Stainless stalker from 2010. It looks so scratched because that Dura touch. I hate that stuff.

Tom007

Quote from: WVhuntEER on February 28, 2024, 10:31:17 AM
I have an Xbolt Stainless stalker from 2010. It looks so scratched because that Dura touch. I hate that stuff.

If it has a "gummy/sticky" feel, they will re-dip it, or replace free of charge. I had one done.....
"Solo hunter"

RED NECK

mudhen

Not in years...

Getting ready to send back my 4th DT Browning, a NWTF BPS...

The previous 3 have been fixed perfectly!
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Notsoyoungturk

I sent back 2 X-Bolts that had the sticky feel.  They replaced the stocks fairly quickly and without issue.  The new stocks have a very plastic feel and were black just like my duratouch.  If yours is camo, I don't know whether you will get camo again.   If not, you could send to Rob Roberts and have dipped.  Didn't bother me that much so I have kept them black as is.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Kytomgetter

They don't. You can send it back for the recall. That stuff is junk I had it on a M/L and had heck getting it off then I painted it black

Bedge7767

I still have it on my Maxus. I actually like it.
Jim

RED NECK

I liked it too, until it turned into a sticky maple syrup mess, and they all will, eventually.

Tom007

Quote from: RED NECK on February 29, 2024, 08:14:02 AM
I liked it too, until it turned into a sticky maple syrup mess, and they all will, eventually.

This is true. Mine was not bad, in fact I liked it. The Browning person told me it will eventually fail and become a real mess. I sent mine in, they re-dipped it perfectly no issues. The cover all costs, shipping etc.......
"Solo hunter"

WVhuntEER

Quote from: Tom007 on February 28, 2024, 12:38:09 PM
Quote from: WVhuntEER on February 28, 2024, 10:31:17 AM

If it has a "gummy/sticky" feel, they will re-dip it, or replace free of charge. I had one done.....
I appreciate you telling me this. I am going to see if they will help me.

RED NECK

They have to help you, there is a class action lawsuit. I posted the link to get in touch with them earlier in thread.

gatortrax

I've got one at Browning right now for the recall replacement. Not sure how long to expect it to take, but the process of getting the return label and paperwork completed was very easy.

OsceolaDreams

will they redip an any color you want?