turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Call Outlaws booth 219

Started by yankeedeerslayer, February 26, 2024, 07:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yankeedeerslayer

I picked up a nice Blackwood trumpet from a fella in that booth. I don't remember his name. Does anyone know who that was so I know who to credit for how easy that thing is to run?
US Army Vet

Tomtom97

Post a picture and I'm sure somebody here would be able to help you figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

antnye

It was either Val Espinoza or Kevin Rouse. Both in that booth making trumpets and are friends of mine. Val is in the middle and Kevin was on the end table. Haven't played Kevin's in a while. But Val is turning out some great looking and playing calls lately.

hpo

Well that sucks-I was down that aisle several times but always in a rush due to other commitments. Had I known-I would have stopped and chatted.

doh!
Shoot'em in the Face!

Zobo

I bought a trumpet from Kevin and it's really, really excellent. I played Val's entries in the contest and loved them too.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

yankeedeerslayer

I'm going to take a picture of it this afternoon when I get out of here. It's unique that most trumpets that I see have a flared mouth like a real trumpet or horn. Mine and the others there were a strait taper at the mouth.  There were 8 makers in that booth and some real nice stuff. I don't see the actual display this guy had in the video. His trumpet display was circular. When we were talking I had several questions because I've never owned or run a trumpet before. He said the Blackwood was basically the same that he won his competitions on.
US Army Vet

Zobo

Just to be clear so we understand you and what you're asking: In terms of turkey trumpets, the flare is at the bell not the mouth. The mouth is the end you suck out of, usually called the mouthpiece or MP. The other end is called the bell. It's the opening that the sound shoots out of.
If you are saying the bell end isn't flared then you may have bought what's called a Jordan style yelper. Some trumpets too don't flare much. So of course it's best to post a picture.

yankeedeerslayer

This is my trumpet. The bell end is not flared. I like it very much. It was not expensive at all which I very much appreciated. Hope this narrows down the call maker.
US Army Vet

sbbow

Deadly Attraction game calls.
You got a good one. I have a couple from Brian Lawter!

Zobo

Yup, I'm pretty sure he entered a couple into the competition, I played two of them, one looked a lot like yours. Very nice running little horns.

Fatbeard

Was not from me that one was from Brain Lawter. I was set up on the end cap with trumpets and wingbones
East TN Beard Buster