News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stevens 301 Thumbhole NWTF

Started by Dazzler, February 21, 2024, 06:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dazzler

Update:  The NWTF cerakote was a one off for the auction. Confirmed with Savage

Just pulled the trigger on a new gun.  Trying to figure the difference between this NWTF edition and the regular.  From little I can find is the barrel is 2'' shorter, greenleaf camo and cerakote finish on the barrel and receiver.  Do the regular ones have a carakote finish?

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/411561373/stevens+model+301+thumbhole+turkey+20+ga+24+nwtf+50th+anniversary+edition+original+greenleaf+camo

I had planned on getting the ATI or Weatherby Element, but I scrolled onto this one and decision got made quick.  Now to research what it likes.

Gmed

Ordered the same gun. Picking mine up tomorrow. Have a .562 I.C., .562 Sumtoy and a .570 I.C. To try.

ltprod

Which one is Cerakoted the one from buds gunshop??Or straight from NWTF??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dazzler

Quote from: ltprod on February 23, 2024, 03:01:54 AM
Which one is Cerakoted the one from buds gunshop??Or straight from NWTF??

The NWTF cerakote was a one off for the auction. Confirmed with Savage.

10th Legionaire

Well you guys pushed me over the edge.

I ordered a 301 turkey gun in MOBL yesterday and got a deal on a close out Vortex Venom from Cabela's.

Interested to see what this thing eats stock before I start pouring money into it. :you_rock:
Less is more

ltprod

Quote from: 10th Legionaire on February 25, 2024, 11:09:17 AM

I ordered a 301 turkey gun in MOBL yesterday and got a deal on a close out Vortex Venom from Cabela's.

Interested to see what this thing eats stock before I start pouring money into it. :you_rock:
U ordered it from buds??

10th Legionaire

Quote from: ltprod on February 25, 2024, 12:55:19 PM
Quote from: 10th Legionaire on February 25, 2024, 11:09:17 AM

U ordered it from buds??

No sir. There's a Sportsman's Warehouse not far from me I ordered it there because I had to drive by it yesterday on my way to a supper meeting. The one I ordered is not the NWTF version.

I tried to order one of the NWTF versions posted above from Buds but my FFL guy's license didn't pull up in their checkout page. I didn't feel like getting ahold of him to then call Buds. Plus I'm not a real big fan of pistol grip stocks.
Less is more