OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Connecticut Crossbow Hunt Gone Wrong

Started by Laloom83, February 16, 2024, 11:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laloom83

You guys turkey hunting with a bow are a special breed!  I can barely get it done with a crossbow.  Enjoy the video below. It was the craziest hunt I've ever been on.

https://youtu.be/iecHfKTGFLc?si=iMgVmt5VLyMcLsJI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

A lot of people would have given up. Nice follow-up. Archery has its ups and downs for sure. Thanks for sharing......
"Solo hunter"

GobbleNut

Decided to click on the video after seeing Tom007's reply.  Much respect to you Laloom for your diligence in continuing to look for that bird.  That experience...as well as capturing it all on film, including your segments which clearly show your real concern and remorse...should be a lesson to all of us that have been in a similar situation at one time or another. 

I know there is a lot of resistance to watching videos here on OG due to the factors we have rehashed time and time again.  However, this is one every turkey hunter should watch.  Some valuable lessons can be learned from an objective viewing of this hunt.  Well done, my friend. 

YoungGobbler

Good video and good job for not giving up, you found him  :icon_thumright:

The Lung

I agree with Gobblenut, every hunter should see this. This is real life hunting. Sometimes you don't get the trophy pictures and the grins on social media. Persistence was its own reward here, great job and great video.
"Dear Lord, may our will be pure and our aim be true. Amen"

Turkeybutt

A few lessons to be learned from that hunt. Thank you for sharing.

Greg Massey

I enjoyed the video, and it's always good to show the good with the bad of hunting...