News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Vests 2024 - Final Approach

Started by Johnhunter21, February 17, 2024, 01:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan121787

Quote from: Johnhunter21 on March 24, 2024, 09:32:19 AM
I only found a couple things on it that I wish was different. It doesnt have a cup holder or a permanent "game bag" on the vest since it has the detachable decoy bag. Since I have a turkey tote, I would only want the game bag attached for a place to shed clothes. I think it's genius of being able to leave decoys and chair in a separate bag that easily detaches and attaches directly to the vest only when I needed it. I had a local sewing shop add a couple cupholders on each side of the seat pocket that would work for pruners too and a small "jacket bag" on the back, so Im pretty happy now.

Can we see this modification?!

Johnhunter21

Having trouble posting a pic, if you pm me, I can text you a picture.

Johnhunter21

aclawrence

Cool vest. I wish they offered a version without the decoy bag and put a normal style pocket on the back to stuff in a jacket or water bladder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gobblers roost

Quote from: Johnhunter21 on March 24, 2024, 02:48:15 PM
No inside pockets.
That's my only strike against it

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

btodd00

I like almost everything about the vest except the striker pockets. They are to short like most vests, striker tips stick out the bottom was their way of solving it. That's only part of striker that really needs protection so im not sure why that was the fix. A JLH striker will go right out the bottom of 3 out of 4 striker pockets on mine, would be a simple fix to sew the opening a little tighter but would have been easy fix while being made also.

Making one of striker pockets slightly larger or elastic for a trumpet would have been nice addition for me, but not everyone would want that

Box call pocket I dont use so I wish it was removable but im modifying it slightly to hold a push pin   

Decoy bag I took off to use for just a storage bag, material for mouth calls doesnt absorb moisture like most, thermacell pocket is great idea, retractable seat idea is best I have seen, amount of adjustment and being able to make the vest tight to your body is best ive tried.

Overall it was a steal for the $100 you could get it for right after release.  its still a good deal at $150 msrp. One of better vests ive tried

Old Gobbler

I haven't used the fa Vest yet , I will say this their waterfowl gear is superb,  durably built,  innovative etc..

FA brand has new owners (Rogers) and is on track for market growth in many areas ...watch for them in the future
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Old Timer

The only thing im concerned about is them dang magnets. will the pockets stay closed?

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: Old Timer on March 26, 2024, 10:23:16 AM
The only thing im concerned about is them dang magnets. will the pockets stay closed?
Best magnets that have been on a vest so far and I've had em all except 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Timer

You certainly have tried about all of them over the years! Thanks for your input.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: vthokie7227 on March 06, 2024, 04:50:31 PM
For y'all who've seen this vest first hand, do you think the seat could be swapped out with one of Glenda's inner-tube seats?
I can't believe no one has come out with a vest yet that just has a zippered seat pocket for the purpose of inserting inner tubes. I'm considering cutting a hole in my rg300 seat pulling the foam out and putting a tube inside.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ruination

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 25, 2024, 09:26:01 PM
I haven't used the fa Vest yet , I will say this their waterfowl gear is superb,  durably built,  innovative etc..

FA brand has new owners (Rogers) and is on track for market growth in many areas ...watch for them in the future

I have been buying the deals on FA off rogers for years, when was FA bought?
.410 Favors the Bold