OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Vests 2024 - Final Approach

Started by Johnhunter21, February 17, 2024, 01:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CALLM2U

A friend of mine just got one of the FA vests and he says it's the best one he's ever owned.  I haven't got my hands on it yet, but he said the seat works exactly as described. 

Johnhunter21

Well I ordered one and I feel like its going to be a winner. The back is made from the mesh material like you see on newer treestand seats and it does seem really light and balanced even loaded up. My buddy that seen it at the show said the mannequin had decoys in the bag and he thought it was heavier too himself until he tried one on without the decoys.

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: CALLM2U on February 26, 2024, 06:29:10 PM
A friend of mine just got one of the FA vests and he says it's the best one he's ever owned.  I haven't got my hands on it yet, but he said the seat works exactly as described.
It's the best vest I've ever owned and I've had about all of them!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnhunter21

Looks like they just posted a better video with more detail.
https://youtu.be/iVclxkzVm-A

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

ruination

Does the vest have no back padding or support?
.410 Favors the Bold

Johnhunter21

Yes, it has a padding insert where the top and middle of your back would go against the tree.

vthokie7227

For y'all who've seen this vest first hand, do you think the seat could be swapped out with one of Glenda's inner-tube seats?

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

dan

On sale right now on their website. Good price considering it comes with a decoy bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnhunter21

Quote from: vthokie7227 on March 06, 2024, 04:50:31 PM
For y'all who've seen this vest first hand, do you think the seat could be swapped out with one of Glenda's inner-tube seats?
The seat is not detachable. I am not familiar with the Glenda's seat, but I dont see anything keeping you from sewing on a different seat as long as it fits up inside the pocket. The seat does seem firm enough you wont be sinking to the ground, so hoping it will be comfortable and last multiple seasons. Cant wait to get out there and find out ...:)

vthokie7227

Quote from: Johnhunter21 on March 06, 2024, 07:01:47 PM
Quote from: vthokie7227 on March 06, 2024, 04:50:31 PM
The seat is not detachable. I am not familiar with the Glenda's seat, but I dont see anything keeping you from sewing on a different seat as long as it fits up inside the pocket. The seat does seem firm enough you wont be sinking to the ground, so hoping it will be comfortable and last multiple seasons. Cant wait to get out there and find out ...:)

Thanks for the info! I didn't realize there was a pocket it needed to fit into. The seat I'm talking about uses an inner tube and is probably three or four inches thick.

Jordan121787

Y'all convinced me to pick one up since they were on sale. $120 plus a 15% off discount made it like $115 to my door. Worst case scenario, I send it back

Johnhunter21

I only found a couple things on it that I wish was different. It doesnt have a cup holder or a permanent "game bag" on the vest since it has the detachable decoy bag. Since I have a turkey tote, I would only want the game bag attached for a place to shed clothes. I think it's genius of being able to leave decoys and chair in a separate bag that easily detaches and attaches directly to the vest only when I needed it. I had a local sewing shop add a couple cupholders on each side of the seat pocket that would work for pruners too and a small "jacket bag" on the back, so Im pretty happy now.

gobblers roost

Are there any pockets on the inside? 

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk