turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Vests 2024 - Final Approach

Started by Johnhunter21, February 17, 2024, 01:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnhunter21

I am in the hunt for a new quality vest and am curious what peoples opinions are on the Upland Chief and Final Approach 2024 models?

Other than the price tag on the Upland Chief, everything seems top quality and a vest that could be considered a investment to last many years. Not to mention, seems like a down to earth owner and story that really wants to make the customer happy.

I also came across the Final Approach vest and noticed it has a unique seat system and a game/decoy bag that buckles directly to the vest that even has a spot for a turkey chair. No more carrying 3 different things, it can all be combined into 1 system. It has alot better looking price tag but do not know much about the company and quality.

These are the 2 vests that have stood out to me if anyone had more information or pros and cons that I may have missed. Thanks

twyatt

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Johnhunter21

https://fabrand.com/products/last-strut-turkey-vest?_pos=15&_sid=c5ef291eb&_ss=r

Hopefully this link works. I think its brand new on their site. i wish it had more pictures and description but my buddy seen it at the convention and seemed really impressed.

twyatt

ruination

I've been very happy with the final approach gear I've bought for waterfowl over the years.

Not usually too of the line but the price is right, specially after season sales on Rogers, and I feel you get good bang for your buck with them.
.410 Favors the Bold

Tom007

Quote from: Johnhunter21 on February 17, 2024, 08:21:02 AM
https://fabrand.com/products/last-strut-turkey-vest?_pos=15&_sid=c5ef291eb&_ss=r

Hopefully this link works. I think its brand new on their site. i wish it had more pictures and description but my buddy seen it at the convention and seemed really impressed.

Nice looking vest, especially for that price. Looks very well made......on sale for $100 bucks...
"Solo hunter"

Goblen

Nwft posted two videos of the new vest at the convention a few hours ago. There shorts videos on the utube. The final approach has a neat seat retract method.

https://youtu.be/ZTF6BKzu2Ts?feature=shared

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Zobo

I'm a fan of the Upland Chief's concept. It's very well thought out and of a high quality. It's completely modifiable, and they only use those stupid magnets where appropriate, so you won't lose your gear in rough terrain and your seat won't continuously open when you don't want it to. It is expensive but certainly not Fox expensive. It's worth checking out.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

mdmitchell

I pre ordered the chief upland. So time will tell

Tail Feathers

Saw the FA at the convention.  I didn't get to fully lift it, but it seemed a bit heavy when I hefted it off the display.  Nice features and well made with good materials.  Lives the pot call holder tops.  I'm not sure on the weight, but the features are great.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

ScottTaulbee

I bought one of the Final Approach vests and let me tell you, it is the best, most well thought out designed vest that I have ever laid hands on and I've had one of all of them over the past 10 or 12 years minus the M2 and the final rise and other upland vest. It's replaced the RNG300 as the standard that I'll hold vest to. I'm buying 3 to 4 more to put back just in case they decide to stop making them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

Quote from: ScottTaulbee on February 26, 2024, 02:52:13 PM
I bought one of the Final Approach vests and let me tell you, it is the best, most well thought out designed vest that I have ever laid hands on and I've had one of all of them over the past 10 or 12 years minus the M2 and the final rise and other upland vest. It's replaced the RNG300 as the standard that I'll hold vest to. I'm buying 3 to 4 more to put back just in case they decide to stop making them.

I saw it at the convention.  Not being in the market for a vest I gave it a fairly quick look.  Sure looked like quality to me but in hefting it off the mannequin it seemed a bit on the heavy side.  But I only lifted it an inch or so, not a real good way to judge.  Do you know how much it weighs?
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: Tail Feathers on February 26, 2024, 04:55:39 PM
Quote from: ScottTaulbee on February 26, 2024, 02:52:13 PM

I saw it at the convention.  Not being in the market for a vest I gave it a fairly quick look.  Sure looked like quality to me but in hefting it off the mannequin it seemed a bit on the heavy side.  But I only lifted it an inch or so, not a real good way to judge.  Do you know how much it weighs?
I never weighed it. But I can tell you it's lighter loaded with calls than a nomad mg empty. And it carries a lot better, you can fill the pockets on it and it feels like you never put a call in it.