OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Book- ReaperCide

Started by mookyj, February 01, 2024, 11:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mookyj

New Book available for pre-order, release on 2/13 on Amazon. Available in Paperback, Hardcover, and Kindle

Reapercide- Fatalism Defined

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CTQH91XT

https://www.joyneroutdoormedia.com/rfd.html

Mike Joyner
joyneroutdoormedia.com

Zobo

Your book? Is it an indictment on reaping? I sure hope so
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

mookyj

It is a discussion on the safety issues, current bans, and a rational application of common sense.

Chapters in the book:

What Could Go Wrong?   
Reapercide In A Word   
Reaping, Fanning, Stalking,  Scoot And Shoot?   
Has A Persuasive, Rational, Ethical Case Been Made?   
Current Bans, Restrictions   
What About Safety Tips?   
Visual Closure Phenomenon
Realities Of Our Choices   
Fanning Reaper Bullies   
Fatalism Defined   
In Conclusion   

Quote from: Zobo on February 01, 2024, 06:30:39 PM
Your book? Is it an indictment on reaping? I sure hope so
Mike Joyner
joyneroutdoormedia.com

PALongspur

Mike, what's the status on the D.D. Adams book?

mookyj

I had a major snag with Jim M, after he provided source materials. 400+ pics and giving full permission to use, decided this past fall that after I went through 120 manhours making the pics look worthy for the book (major editing to make them presentable) he might give permission, and essentially retracting permissions to use his stuff. He owns the copyright of the notes and pics he took.  Post-editing turned out great, but legally I cannot do anything with them without violating copyright. I have over a hundred pics that I took, and from DD's family, but now,  there are some gaps in the calls I need to recapture, solve logistics, and take pics of them.

It has taken a very long time due to many life changes and the size of the project.  It's been a long road and a bit disconcerting that after being asked to do this by Jim and Roger, Jim yanked the rug out from underneath, and as I understand things, he has changed a great deal. I never had the privilege of meeting DD as he passed a decade before I started turkey hunting. After all that I have learned from the project, I wish that I could have met him. Currently looking at 320-330 pages in 7x10 format once I fill in the gaps. The book was close to 480-500 pages in 7x10 format. All this time since has been trying to edit out Jim's contribution in the interviews as he is no longer a part of the project. This has caused me to delete a lot of transcribed interviews. I am not sure how much I can salvage and have it make sense.

Keep in mind I was asked to do this project, and was not paid anything upfront as a commissioned project. If anything I have a lot of hours, and money tied up in interviews, websites, etc. I damn near walked away from it this fall. Out of respect for Roger and as a major reason for doing it, it is still moving forward. I still need to make another visit to see Roger and we need to retake photos of calls as I cannot use pics I had before Jim decided what he did.
Mike Joyner
joyneroutdoormedia.com

mookyj

Book was released today!  kindle/papaerback/hardcover  Audio Book will be out in a few weeks

https://www.amazon.com/Reapercide-Fatalism-Defined-Mike-Joyner/dp/B0CTYS3Z1Z/
Mike Joyner
joyneroutdoormedia.com

quavers59

Is this new Book on Amazon?
   I have a original D.D. ADAMS SUPER SLATE + HICKORY STRIKER. Looks like a Personal sign and not a Stamp on the Striker.
    Fellow Author,I will look for your Book on Amazon.

mookyj

Yes, it is, next in line is DD Adams, and then Empire Limbhangers. Tales for the Roost is third although it might come out 2nd depending on how wrapping up interviews go for the records book, that is all that is left to do on that one. Random Musings 3 will come out the end of summer or fall.
Mike Joyner
joyneroutdoormedia.com