OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thermacell pouch

Started by g8rvet, February 13, 2024, 08:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g8rvet

Anyone made one that can attach to vest and stay lit while walking?  Would like to have one that I could secure it in while still warm or even while staying lit. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

roberthyman14

Quote from: g8rvet on February 13, 2024, 08:19:08 PM
Anyone made one that can attach to vest and stay lit while walking?  Would like to have one that I could secure it in while still warm or even while staying lit.
This does it all.  Holds refills.  Top has a cut out to see if it's burning.  Back is open to allow air flow.  I've been running it for years. 

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Kytomgetter

Quote from: roberthyman14 on February 13, 2024, 08:23:17 PM
This does it all.  Holds refills.  Top has a cut out to see if it's burning.  Back is open to allow air flow.  I've been running it for years. 

X2 on this. I have the newer version of this and it holds refills and has a clip on the back to attach it pretty much anywhere

roberthyman14

Quote from: Kytomgetter on February 13, 2024, 08:45:41 PM
Quote from: roberthyman14 on February 13, 2024, 08:23:17 PM

X2 on this. I have the newer version of this and it holds refills and has a clip on the back to attach it pretty much anywhere
Does the new ones have the tether to attach around anything?   I attach mine to my vest, during deer season it straps to my climber,  turkey season sometimes calls for 2 at 1x. 

roberthyman14

I dont refill my butane.   But I buy them on Amazon for a conair curling iron.  Same thing. Most times cheaper.

Cut N Run

I have a similar holster, but it's camo and has a clip in the back.  Can't remember where or when I got it, probably 10 years ago.  It works well enough, though it came unclipped one day last year when I was taking my shotgul sling off my shoulder.

Far as refills go, I take a refillable disposable lighter, then cut the valve out of the bottom & grind it to 1/4" diameter.  Next, I drill a 1/4 inch hole in the center of the bottom of a spent ThermaCell cartridge, then epoxy the valve in the bottom.  Once the epoxy sets, I can refill cartridges with bulk butane cans for recharging refillable lighters.  I haven't bought butane refills for my ThermaCell in 5+ years.  Insecticide mats can be bought a couple dozen at a time off eBay.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

g8rvet

I used a gift card and points and have the new version on the way.  Looks simple enough to attach.  Not sure if I will trust the clip, but I will play around with it.  May sew it to vest somehow.   

Thanks.

Also. Amazon has the original refills plus pads (the 120 hour version) for half the normal price (25.99 instead of 49.99) 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.