Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How do you carry your trumpet when hunting?

Started by g8rvet, February 13, 2024, 08:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jfowler82

Same here , lanyard with the call tucked into a front pocket .

Gobbler428

Quote from: g8rvet on February 13, 2024, 09:12:09 PM
Who makes the hard case?  Where can I find one?

I think I found it on Amazon but it's been a while and I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: GregGwaltney on February 13, 2024, 08:28:44 PM
I keep it packed away in a hard case until I get ready to call, then on a lanyard around my neck free hanging until I need to move then it goes tucked in my shirt/jacket.
Same, except I have a soft case.

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Greg Massey

Let me tell y'all what to buy for a hard case to carry several trumpets : Look at Academy Sports Website for the Plano Protector 4 Pistol Case Item No. 1404-02 It's a Hard plastic Case ... Now for carrying one or 2 trumpets in your vest / Satchel or around your Neck ...Look on Ebay at the Tactical Molle Pouch Military Knife Sheath  it's a pack Case. It's Ebay number : 403823185445  ... The Plano Case is just under 20.00 dollars and the Tactical Molle Pouch is around 9 dollars ... You can add a lanyard cord to the Tactical Molle Pouch and carry it around your neck with 2 trumpets in the pouch if you want, this is a padded case ...

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 14, 2024, 09:37:18 AM
Let me tell y'all what to buy for a hard case to carry several trumpets : Look at Academy Sports Website for the Plano Protector 4 Pistol Case Item No. 1404-02 It's a Hard plastic Case ... Now for carrying one or 2 trumpets in your vest / Satchel or around your Neck ...Look on Ebay at the Tactical Molle Pouch Military Knife Sheath  it's a pack Case. It's Ebay number : 403823185445  ... The Plano Case is just under 20.00 dollars and the Tactical Molle Pouch is around 9 dollars ... You can add a lanyard cord to the Tactical Molle Pouch and carry it around your neck with 2 trumpets in the pouch if you want ...

Greg, shooting you a message.
:turkey:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Greg Massey

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on February 14, 2024, 10:13:20 AM
Let me tell y'all what to buy for a hard case to carry several trumpets : Look at Academy Sports Website for the Plano Protector 4 Pistol Case Item No. 1404-02 It's a Hard plastic Case ... Now for carrying one or 2 trumpets in your vest / Satchel or around your Neck ...Look on Ebay at the Tactical Molle Pouch Military Knife Sheath  it's a pack Case. It's Ebay number : 403823185445  ... The Plano Case is just under 20.00 dollars and the Tactical Molle Pouch is around 9 dollars ... You can add a lanyard cord to the Tactical Molle Pouch and carry it around your neck with 2 trumpets in the pouch if you want ...

Greg, shooting you a message.
:turkey:
PM Sent Back

Old Swamper

When I leave the truck, it is around my neck, on a short lanyard. Mine is a tool, and gets hunted hard everyday I am in the turkey woods. The old man I got it from insisted that this was its purpose. The natural "patina" or seasoning, mine has acquired over the years, would make him proud.

Terry

Quote from: Old Swamper on February 14, 2024, 11:18:00 AM
When I leave the truck, it is around my neck, on a short lanyard. Mine is a tool, and gets hunted hard everyday I am in the turkey woods.

This

DUPREE

I wear it around my neck on a lanyard. If I'm wearing a button up , I slide the bell end into an opening between buttons and it stays put.

Scpossum

These work well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

runngun

I carry mine on a double lanyard around my neck. If I got on a button up shirt I will Tuck it in. On the second loop I carry a SCPossum tube, desert Ironwood. Scratches are going to happen. Just a sign of use, no abuse. 

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Tom007

Quote from: ltprod on February 13, 2024, 08:25:48 PM
Quote from: sbbow on February 13, 2024, 08:23:52 PM
Keep on a lanyard an tuck inside your  shirt at least that's what I do. 

Same

X3 here
"Solo hunter"

mountainhunter1

Let me tell y'all what to buy for a hard case to carry several trumpets : Look at Academy Sports Website for the Plano Protector 4 Pistol Case Item No. 1404-02 It's a Hard plastic Case ... Now for carrying one or 2 trumpets in your vest / Satchel or around your Neck ...Look on Ebay at the Tactical Molle Pouch Military Knife Sheath  it's a pack Case. It's Ebay number : 403823185445  ... The Plano Case is just under 20.00 dollars and the Tactical Molle Pouch is around 9 dollars ... You can add a lanyard cord to the Tactical Molle Pouch and carry it around your neck with 2 trumpets in the pouch if you want, this is a padded case ...

Thanks for the tip - got a couple of them headed this way. They look well made and like a real steal for 10 bucks. I usually have my main trumpet for the day around my neck and stuffed into a front magnetic pocket for extra protection in case the lanyard failed or something. I will put my back up in one of these and keep in the satchel. But even more than that, these will be good to store some extra trumpets that I do not use so much in the off season where they can be put up out of sight and yet still safe. Thanks for sharing Greg.

I have a couple of GG's holsters that are pretty good (more so for storage in the vest or satchel), and I need to get one of Yoder's holsters as well before April just to see how I like it. He is obviously making a very good product like Mrs. Glenda.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Yoder409

I use one of these.

I was carrying a trumpet on a lanyard inside my shirt and the lipstop came off.   Luckily, I wear bibs and tuck them into my snake boots.  I found my lipstop down in the calf of my bibs.   :toothy9:

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

ltprod

Quote from: Yoder409 on February 17, 2024, 05:32:10 PM
I use one of these.

I was carrying a trumpet on a lanyard inside my shirt and the lipstop came off.   Luckily, I wear bibs and tuck them into my snake boots.  I found my lipstop down in the calf of my bibs.   :toothy9:

lol
You make them too !!!