turkeys for tomorrow

Team Roaring 20s ASSEMBLE!

Started by FullChoke, February 10, 2024, 02:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannonball

Quote from: Paulmyr on March 04, 2024, 09:47:23 AM
Quote from: cannonball on March 04, 2024, 09:30:10 AM
Quote from: FullChoke on February 27, 2024, 11:56:08 PM
Brother, by all means take extra care of your body and don't incur any more damage to it. Turkey hunters will find a safe way. Please be careful.

FC

I'll be fine. I'm hunting my family's farm, so I've got help right there in case it's needed.

Atta boy! Put on your big boy britches and get after it!!!!  :turkey2:

I plan on it. I'm a tough old bird myself. I'm using ice and Tylenol only and have been fine so far. I don't want any pain pills. If it gets to hurting worse I'll just rub some dirt on it.

cannonball

@FullChoke  I sent you a PM recommending a new teammate , please let me know if you received it.

JeffC

Quote from: eggshell on February 29, 2024, 07:37:22 AM
Cannonball, I don't mean to hijack your team thread, but I want to encourage you. IN 2009, I broke my right elbow and a piece of bone with tendon attached ended up 5 cm up my arm fully ruptured. My elbow was useless. I lucky was referred to a surgeon who specialized in these kind of repairs. He rebuilt my elbow and reattached tendons. I spent 5 weeks in a cast and 8 weeks in a fixed mechanical brace. He made it very clear if I ever wanted anywhere near normal use of my arm I had to follow his treatment plan to the letter. If I tore it lose it could not be repaired effectively again. Of course this was during turkey season. I got a shooting stick and some dove loads and went to the range and started practice left handed shooting off a stick. It wasn't pretty, but after three misses I finally killed a gobbler. It was a full year before my arm felt normal and I had strength, don't get discouraged and do your PT. That same surgeon tested my arm at 90% after I finished rehab and he told me I was his poster child for success. I never cheated or pushed my luck on the restrictions he gave me. I saw other people in that office who cheated and paid a big price....do what they tell you!
Wish you all the luck this season, but eggshell is absolutely spot on, my boss is home now healing from knee surgery, 3rd one in 4yrs, because he didn't do what he was told by Dr. and rehab. Never gained use of knee, they had to cut and re-repair tendons for 2nd time. Sounds like you have a game plan, tie your repaired arm to your body so you will not use it, slow way down walking, no falls. Good luck. 
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

crow

Quote from: cannonball on February 27, 2024, 10:58:32 PM
I'm officially on injured reserve as of now. Three of my four rotator cuff tendons were 100% torn and the last one had a 20% tear. My surgeon repaired it this morning, surgery went well but one of the tears was massive and could take up to a year to completely heal. I've got 46 days until season opens up and will be shooting a .410 left handed with basically one arm. I'm not at all disappointed or discouraged, I feel blessed to be able to hunt this season and am looking forward to be on the winning team this year!

:icon_thumright:   :happy0167:
Good success to this season

Roost 1

Thanks for allowing Callaway71 and myself  to  join the team.  We are looking forward to meeting everyone.
Once our team page is up we can do a more formal introduction.
Good luck to everyone this spring.

zelmo1

Fullchoke can send you the team logo  :funnyturkey: Z

Roost 1

Quote from: zelmo1 on March 05, 2024, 12:37:19 PM
Fullchoke can send you the team logo  :funnyturkey: Z

LOL... mine is a little outdated should say 6 time CHAMPS!!  :drool:

callaway71

Thanks for the invitation. Can't wait to get to know everyone.

FullChoke

OG has been busy building our new hunting lodge on the page. We will begin outfitting it tomorrow and setting it up with the communal table for dinners and gathering together around it to tell our stories and help our teammates.

Let the Games begin!

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.