North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Team Roaring 20s ASSEMBLE!

Started by FullChoke, February 10, 2024, 02:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Quote from: zelmo1 on February 13, 2024, 12:52:26 PM
I am reporting in sir.  :OGturkeyhead: Z

Sorry for hi-jacking into your post. I wish you all great success this spring, however you should give us a handicap with this Mr. Z on your team. This guy is a legend, a turkey magnet. It's kinda of unfair to the rest of us. All kidding aside, best of luck to all of you dudes!
"Solo hunter"

FullChoke

Quote from: Tom007 on February 20, 2024, 07:39:51 PM
Quote from: zelmo1 on February 13, 2024, 12:52:26 PM
I am reporting in sir.  :OGturkeyhead: Z

Sorry for hi-jacking into your post. I wish you all great success this spring, however you should give us a handicap with this Mr. Z on your team. This guy is a legend, a turkey magnet. It's kinda of unfair to the rest of us. All kidding aside, best of luck to all of you dudes!

Thank you very much kind sir. We greatly appreciate the sentiments. Good luck to you this season and above all stay safe.

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

zelmo1

OK Tom, enough of the foolishness. I will take you hunting as promised, lol. I have a particular bird picked out for you. Talkative but not sociable. It will be fun to try to nail him. Z

FullChoke

Well, soon we should be moving out of this disaster shelter housing and into the palatial estate Les Années Folles where we don't have to make sure that these Vieilles Chèvres Syphilitiques don't eat our TSS wads. The sooner the better...

Acclamations  ;D

StarterComplet

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

cannonball

Quote from: FullChoke on February 27, 2024, 10:03:53 PM
Well, soon we should be moving out of this disaster shelter housing and into the palatial estate Les Années Folles where we don't have to make sure that these Vieilles Chèvres Syphilitiques don't eat our TSS wads. The sooner the better...

Acclamations  ;D

StarterComplet

coups de feu tirés   :z-guntootsmiley:  :TooFunny:

cannonball

I'm officially on injured reserve as of now. Three of my four rotator cuff tendons were 100% torn and the last one had a 20% tear. My surgeon repaired it this morning, surgery went well but one of the tears was massive and could take up to a year to completely heal. I've got 46 days until season opens up and will be shooting a .410 left handed with basically one arm. I'm not at all disappointed or discouraged, I feel blessed to be able to hunt this season and am looking forward to be on the winning team this year!

FullChoke

Brother, by all means take extra care of your body and don't incur any more damage to it. Turkey hunters will find a safe way. Please be careful.

FC

zelmo1

Don't despair or rush it. I had a major rebuild 1 1/2 years ago and it is as good as its going to get. The younger you are and the more closely you follow the PT regimen, the better your recovery. My bicep tendon was unattached for years, yoiu will get it back. Do your due diligence and listen to your body bro. Shooting lefty with a .410 will focus you too.  :funnyturkey: Z

eggshell

Cannonball, I don't mean to hijack your team thread, but I want to encourage you. IN 2009, I broke my right elbow and a piece of bone with tendon attached ended up 5 cm up my arm fully ruptured. My elbow was useless. I lucky was referred to a surgeon who specialized in these kind of repairs. He rebuilt my elbow and reattached tendons. I spent 5 weeks in a cast and 8 weeks in a fixed mechanical brace. He made it very clear if I ever wanted anywhere near normal use of my arm I had to follow his treatment plan to the letter. If I tore it lose it could not be repaired effectively again. Of course this was during turkey season. I got a shooting stick and some dove loads and went to the range and started practice left handed shooting off a stick. It wasn't pretty, but after three misses I finally killed a gobbler. It was a full year before my arm felt normal and I had strength, don't get discouraged and do your PT. That same surgeon tested my arm at 90% after I finished rehab and he told me I was his poster child for success. I never cheated or pushed my luck on the restrictions he gave me. I saw other people in that office who cheated and paid a big price....do what they tell you!

zelmo1

You nailed it eggshell. Follow the plan bro.  :you_rock: :you_rock: Z

cannonball

Quote from: FullChoke on February 27, 2024, 11:56:08 PM
Brother, by all means take extra care of your body and don't incur any more damage to it. Turkey hunters will find a safe way. Please be careful.

FC

I'll be fine. I'm hunting my family's farm, so I've got help right there in case it's needed.

Paulmyr

Quote from: cannonball on March 04, 2024, 09:30:10 AM
Quote from: FullChoke on February 27, 2024, 11:56:08 PM

FC

I'll be fine. I'm hunting my family's farm, so I've got help right there in case it's needed.

Atta boy! Put on your big boy britches and get after it!!!!  :turkey2:
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

cannonball

[quote author ;)=zelmo1 link=topic=116376.msg1172376#msg1172376 date=1709202162]
Don't despair or rush it. I had a major rebuild 1 1/2 years ago and it is as good as its going to get. The younger you are and the more closely you follow the PT regimen, the better your recovery. My bicep tendon was unattached for years, yoiu will get it back. Do your due diligence and listen to your body bro. Shooting lefty with a .410 will focus you too.  :funnyturkey: Z
[/quote]

Thanks Z, I'm going to follow my doctor and PT's advice to the letter, unless they tell me to not go turkey hunting.  ;)

cannonball

Quote from: eggshell on February 29, 2024, 07:37:22 AM
Cannonball, I don't mean to hijack your team thread, but I want to encourage you. IN 2009, I broke my right elbow and a piece of bone with tendon attached ended up 5 cm up my arm fully ruptured. My elbow was useless. I lucky was referred to a surgeon who specialized in these kind of repairs. He rebuilt my elbow and reattached tendons. I spent 5 weeks in a cast and 8 weeks in a fixed mechanical brace. He made it very clear if I ever wanted anywhere near normal use of my arm I had to follow his treatment plan to the letter. If I tore it lose it could not be repaired effectively again. Of course this was during turkey season. I got a shooting stick and some dove loads and went to the range and started practice left handed shooting off a stick. It wasn't pretty, but after three misses I finally killed a gobbler. It was a full year before my arm felt normal and I had strength, don't get discouraged and do your PT. That same surgeon tested my arm at 90% after I finished rehab and he told me I was his poster child for success. I never cheated or pushed my luck on the restrictions he gave me. I saw other people in that office who cheated and paid a big price....do what they tell you!

I appreciate you chiming in. I'm going to be diligent with whatever they recommend I do for recovery. I have a plan in place that will allow me to hunt this season.