turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite Turkey Species

Started by Brinkcalls, December 29, 2023, 08:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dtrkyman

If I had to pick it woulda be a hardwoods eastern in big hilly country, but generally whichever one is behind my bead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WV Flopper

Not to be short.....but whatever turkey is setting in front of me when I set my  down!

I love them all the same when the bead meets their waddle!

Old Swamper

Swamp running, hardwood bottom Easterns for me.

runngun

Turkeys are kinda like women.......talk to which ever one is listening......ugh responding!!!  I love them all....

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Kygobblergetter

Nothing can top easterns in the hardwoods. With that said I am falling in love with those Merriams out west. The scenery and willingness to gobble sure make it fun

speedracer

Eastern all day long...
Osceola's ain't too bad either...
"The credit goes to him who is in the arena, whose face is marred by sweat and blood, who, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." T Roosevelt

Cut N Run

I've never hunted turkeys outside of a 10 county radius here in N.C., so Eastern's is it for me.  If that's all I ever get to hunt, that's fine too.  I don't know any different, but I know I've loved the pursuit and the challenge from every one of them.  From the ones that hang up and gobble 400 times to the ones that come in drumming only, just as long as they keep coming in, I'm good with that.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Meleagris gallopavo

I've only hunted swamp easterns, so I guess easterns.

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Swamp_870

SwampRooster17

Eastern

Howie g

Bedge7767

Jim

reflexl

Love them all but there is nothing like a big ole eastern.