Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Satruday Devotional 07/10/11 Benefits of Seeking God

Started by pappy, July 09, 2011, 10:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

What is the secret to a full and happy life? Psalm 34....teaches us that the true joy in seeking the Lord is found in His abundant blessings, that he bestows upon those who are diligent to do so in their life.
First we must make the decision to recognize this...verse 1: "I will bless the Lord at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth." As we begin our earliest relationship with Christ, our need to openly praise Him is like a hunger that is never satisfied. We do all we can to find a way to spend time with Christ. As we grow older in our relationship, sometimes we tend to grow lack in our drive to feed this hunger. We can blame it on the vigils of everyday life, we may stop reading the word, stop going to church, stop praying, and in the end stop seeking the Lord. Suddenly the Joys and Happiness of life seem to disappear... Why?
Life becomes dry and dull....there is a remedy..."Sow to yourself in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the Lord, till He come and rain righteousness upon you." Hosea 10:12 If we begin to lose the joy and happiness in our lives, if our relationship with Christ is strained, then it is time to re-examine our "field of dreams"....we need never to shout across the dry deserts to an absent God, He is nearer than our own soul and closer than our most secret thoughts. Bad things happen, but there are good things just around the corner of life for those who seek the Lord. Let's remember the benefits of seeking out God, " The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous and his ears are open unto their cry." Psalms 34:15
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Roostem33

Great devotional Jack, thanks for sharing!!!

God Bless,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)