OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Youth turkey opportunities in eastern South Carolina

Started by ncquackersmacker, January 28, 2024, 08:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncquackersmacker

I live in North Carolina but my 8 year old son is out of school 3 weeks in march before our season starts up here. He's done really well in school so I'm trying to reward him with a 2-3 hunt while he's out. It looks like public land doesn't open until 4/1 so we are looking for private land or a guide. Any suggestions on a guide or someone that would allow access to private?  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

Have heard good thinks about Blackwater but have no personal experience. Good luck
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Burtwill

Blackwater is great. Owner goes to my church. Not sure if he does youth hunts but worth an ask!

ncquackersmacker

Thanks guys, I will check them out and see what they offer for youth opportunities.

davisd9

Quote from: ncquackersmacker on January 30, 2024, 09:50:39 AM
Thanks guys, I will check them out and see what they offer for youth opportunities.

Season opens March 22 so if even if they do not do youth weekend it can be hunted if he has availability.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer