OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Screws?

Started by 3bailey3, January 21, 2024, 01:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3bailey3

My buddy just had a Sumtoy mount and a Fastfire put on his gun but has two holes that are not covered, do they make screws or a insert to go in these?

slave601

You can get those from midwayusa or just about any gun parts supplier. I think it's a standard 8/32 threading. I had to get some for my benelli. Just a few bucks for a bag of 6 I think
"thinnin the flock"

Vintage

My Hardware store has some gun bolts and plugs. Check yours.

3bailey3

Bill

Chances are it's an 8-40 thread which is unlikely to be found at any hardware store.  Brownells sells plug/filler screws made just for this job. Midway might have them too but I know Brownells carries them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gmed

Quote from: Bill on January 21, 2024, 10:58:52 PM
Chances are it's an 8-40 thread which is unlikely to be found at any hardware store.  Brownells sells plug/filler screws made just for this job. Midway might have them too but I know Brownells carries them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second this. They are 8-40 and Brownells carries them...

SumToy

Quote from: 3bailey3 on January 21, 2024, 01:21:17 PM
My buddy just had a Sumtoy mount and a Fastfire put on his gun but has two holes that are not covered, do they make screws or a insert to go in these?

Who put that on for you? 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

3bailey3

William thats my buddies gun and Tony from Forest did it, is something wrong with it?

SumToy

We have a mount to fit that gun.  It only has 3 screws and should have covered the back two.   Not a problem just like to know what is going on with somethings. :icon_thumright:    Now the Factory holes are 4 mm. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA