Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Charles Daly 101 - is it possible to get trigger pull lighter?

Started by Tomcatrav, January 15, 2024, 08:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomcatrav

I have a new Charles Daly 101 , 12 gauge single shot. Looks like it will be a nice Turkey gun , but trigger pull is really, really heavy.  Wondering if that is a fixable problem.  I don't know much about gunsmithing, but from what I gather , Single Shot triggers may be more complicated to work on?

Is it possible for a gunsmith to work on this trigger?  If so, any recommendations on how to get this done or who to use? I don't mind shipping the gun if I have to.

Thanks

mcw3734

Following...

I've asked years ago about adjusting the trigger on my Remington SP-10. Never heard a response. It would be nice if there was a way to improve the pull on these, or other, shotgun triggers.

krm944

Greg Massey

M.CARBO they offer a lot of trigger springs for different models of shotguns/rifles look them up on line ... they have one for the SP10 .... I just installed one of their trigger springs in the new Mossberg SA 28 ga tactical ... Now it has a 2.5 pound trigger ... I hope this helps ... If you order a spring be sure and get you one of the little packages of the special grease, you will need this to help with the installation ....