OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thoughts on 2023 season

Started by jhoward11, June 07, 2023, 12:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tnandy

Enjoying everyone's posts. Was blessed to be able to go again. Typical season in that I made some great memories and made some green horn mistakes, lol. Managed to tag out, called in 2 for my 15 year old son, who tagged out and called in another good tom for a friend of mine who took him home with him. Still reminding myself, stop trying to move 50 more yards, I always get burnt lol. Set still another extra hour or two if they gobble good right after they come off of roost, they will show up at your location as soon as hens break off, got burnt on that one too this year. It's definitely a challenge, that's what makes it absolutely great!! Thank the Lord above for giving us this great opportunity to enjoy His creation. Looking forward to trying fall season again with my new Mossberg 935 pistol grip!!!!! OOOOOHHHH YYYYEEEESSSSSS!

CAPTJJ

Short but awesome season for me, first time I didn't travel out of state to turkey hunt after 10 years in a row. Managed to fill both of my tags on mature toms in NY with a longbow, despite having only 12 days to hunt before heading to Alaska for work. Filled the first one opening morning, May 1st,v after a rain delay. Second one was on May 9th which is my birthday, finally got a tom for a present.

Nice recaps everyone.

Tail Feathers

I made some of mistakes in 2023, ones that I recognize, learned from and will endeavor not to repeat in 2024.

I figure if I live to 100 I might get to be a real good turkey hunter. :toothy9:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!