OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Who makes the quietest camo?

Started by Canadian, May 19, 2023, 06:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 21, 2023, 10:50:56 AM
After a little washing, most camo will become quieter.  I never have given it much thought, if he can hear or define what my camo sounds like, he's a lot smarter than i give him credit.
Its not him that im worried about. Its me missing a faint, distant gobble, thanks to my swishing shirts, that i want to avoid. Also, thats probably a good tip, as i clean my gear as little as possible in order to prolong pattern sharpness and color. To avoid accelerated fading. Thanks.

Sent from my moto g 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

IF i miss a gobble it's not the fault of the camo or clothes I'm wearing...  The gobbler was just too far for me to hear ...  99 percent of the time you will stop listen / call or use a locator call in hopes of getting a gobbler to respond. And sooner or later your going to have to wash your camo... I agree that washing your camo is a good tip after the season.  IMO...

eddie234

I wear old fashioned cotton blend. Never had an issue hearing gobbles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Marc

Army Surplus for my pants...  (Although it has been a couple years).  Durable, quiet, comfortable, and affordable.

Camo shirt, with fleece over the top.  Have some Heavy fleece tops if it is really cold that are quiet.

If it it wet, anything that keeps you dry does tend to be more noisy.  I have some bibs with fleece-like coating that does stay dry, and are quiet, but they are also heavy and cumbersome to wear.

Granted I am hunting in California, and for the most part, low temps are in the 40's (which is unusual for turkey hunting) and high temps have been in the 90's on some years (in the afternoon).
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Tail Feathers

I usually wear cotton LS T shirt and cargo pants.  Ol Tom's are my favorite but the ones I have seen to shrunk since last season.  Quiet as clothes come.
But this the south and it's hot.  I bought a pair of Ol Tom Tibee type pants but didn't wear them as we had a cooler than normal most of my season so I didn't try them.  A Tibbee button down shirt is quiet too. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!