turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Weatherby element

Started by packmule, May 06, 2023, 02:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

packmule

Anyone have one they can comment on? They appear to be a solid gun, but online reviews are sparse.

FL-Boss

great gun ...but my understanding is the turkey version (bottomland 22in) is not drilled and tapped from the factory.. which I don't understand for a turkey-specific gun.

yelpy

I have one and it patterns great with an IC .562 tss 9's (315 to 333 in the 10)  The factory bead is spot on. The finish seems to be a high quality. Ill see how it holds up. The rubber or whatever it is they used for the grip is fantastic. Cycles fine. The only thing that I dont like about the gun is the weight. Its a 6lb gun.

RED NECK

I took mine out for its first hunt this morning, I really like it, It's one of my favorite 20's. I patterned it with Fed heavyweight 6's and stock choke and it shot extremely well, I then decided to actually use a red dot so I took gun last night up to my camp and patterned it, sighted it in with the same shells and tss 7's with a trulock .560 and won't be changing anything, I bought 10 boxes of the Fed hwy 6's and have 9 boxes and 2 shells left, so I'll be using them and tss 7's for the next few years. I didn't take any pictures of patterns. I had it d&t for a sumtoy red dot mount. I had 11 jakes walk by me at 9 yards, yesterday the tom was behind them but a little out of range, he was not behind them today, his lucky day.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

runngun

Good deal HBK, glad to see it's going well with you!!!! Kill a big one!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

yelpy

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on May 06, 2023, 03:48:13 PM
I took mine out for its first hunt this morning, I really like it, It's one of my favorite 20's. I patterned it with Fed heavyweight 6's and stock choke and it shot extremely well, I then decided to actually use a red dot so I took gun last night up to my camp and patterned it, sighted it in with the same shells and tss 7's with a trulock .560 and won't be changing anything, I bought 10 boxes of the Fed hwy 6's and have 9 boxes and 2 shells left, so I'll be using them and tss 7's for the next few years. I didn't take any pictures of patterns. I had it d&t for a sumtoy red dot mount. I had 11 jakes walk by me at 9 yards, yesterday the tom was behind them but a little out of range, he was not behind them today, his lucky day.

Good to know on the trulock. I planned on picking one up just havent yet. I have a few pounds of tss 7's and 8's left to use up. They are nice guns for the money for sure. Good luck to you!!

packmule

Thank you all, great feedback.

Ridge Rooster

How is the trigger on these guns and are there any spring kits to lighten them available?

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

bigdrumnc

What mount did you use on the element?

RED NECK

Quote from: bigdrumnc on June 05, 2023, 10:02:57 PM
What mount did you use on the element?
I used a sumtoy mount on this gun.

bigdrumnc

RED NECK

mountainhunter1

VERY NICE. For the money, it may be the best auto 20 on the market today. I have worked with multiple guys out of town who swear by them. I have a couple of buddies from home who have them and absolutely love them as well. They leave their Benelli's at home most times and carry the Element. I'm probably going to pick one up at some point myself. But that not being D/T bugs me. That is a five to ten dollar expense as it comes down the assembly line that they ought to just tack onto the final price and get it done from the factory.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

mountainhunter1

The gun is listed at 43.75" - Can you do me a big favor please and tell me if that gun is 43.25" to the end of the barrel or to the end of the included factory extended turkey choke that comes with the gun? Thanks
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

packmule

Quote from: mountainhunter1 on June 10, 2023, 11:03:39 AM

The gun is listed at 43.75" - Can you do me a big favor please and tell me if that gun is 43.25" to the end of the barrel or to the end of the included factory extended turkey choke that comes with the gun? Thanks

44.75" to the end of extended factory choke.