OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Choke for Super Vinci

Started by beagler, June 30, 2011, 08:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagler

My buddy took the plunge and purchased one the other day. Any choke recommendations from anyone shooting one? Pattern results?
Never Misses

honker22

I have no experience with the Super Vinci but have shot a few Benellis.  If it were me, I would try an IC or Sumtoy.  Both of them will work with you until you find a winning combo.  I think a choke in the .655 range would be ideal for 6s and 7s. 

Make sure he checks his POA/POI with cheaper shells.  The few I have shot, have not been in line with the factory bead.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

vaturkey

I have a Benelli SBE2 which is basically the same barrell I think. My barrell is 24" & I shoot hevi 13 31/2  21/4 oz #6's with an Indian Creek .665 choke & I am real happy with it. Good luck !

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

allaboutshooting

I have the 3" Vinci, great gun, and have had excellent results with 3 different chokes. The Wright's #3, the SSX and the Hevi-13 turkey chokes have all produced great results with Hevi-13 "Bronze" shells with 2 oz. of #6 and #7 shot.

Cleaning that barrel, even when brand new from the factory, is very important to optimum results for turkey hunting. It will just keep on going, even when very dirty, great for waterfowl, upland, etc. but for turkeys, it needs to be "deep cleaned".

That gun has less muzzle jump than any I've shot and really allows for a very quick second shot.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."