OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Congratulations Tom Kelly

Started by Greg Massey, April 23, 2023, 10:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Congratulations! Hope I'm still knocken em down at that age.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

PharmHunter

Pretty amazing and special thing!  Some awesome people involved to help make it happen.

RutnNStrutn

I hope I'm still around chasing gobblers when I'm that old. Congrats Colonel!!! :icon_thumright:

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

tal

GobbleGitr

With no sons or grandsons that hunt turkeys, this was a great thing done by a few folks to give the Colonel one more day in the woods...something all of us turkey hunters would wish for ourselves and others as age increases and the ability to get to the woods decreases

Howieg

Mountainburd

I just wanted to give a little bit more information concerning this hunt in case anyone was wondering. This bird was guided and called in by Keith Ott from chasing 49 and his brother Kyle. In fact he killed it with Keith's 28 gauge. Keith is one of my best friends.  We live near each other and I see him on a regular basis. I cannot emphasize the amount of time and energy he devoted to making this hunt successful. In fact, I was giving Keith a hard time because he refused to hunt or even carry a gun for the days preceding this hunt because he was so focused on finding a accessible bird and making this a success for Tom Kelly. None of these details seem to be known so I figured I would share them with you guys because you would appreciate it. I think this is a great story all around.