turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nada this weekend folks

Started by Old Gobbler, May 04, 2024, 01:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Nothing this weekend or next , but the weekend after mother's day it's gonna be game on

This snakewood is the one grabbed up last Sunday...it is now off to it's new owner

Let take this opportunity to explain the calls I make,  they do look very nice and the effort put into them shows ..with that said they are HUNTING CALLS and when sell a call I make sure its going to spend a life making the new owner Happy..in the woods -- I only sell to hunters , and avoid collector types like the plague

The materials and time to make 1 call is substantial,  it's not a cheap call...I understand that , but anything less and there no use in making them

1 the major difference my calls sound so realistic is the SOUND BOARD that's the part on the bottom with the screw in it ...my soundboard (guts) are made from musical grade hardwoods..as is better sound , and have the capability to call very loud  ..and very soft and subtle..my calls are hand tunned to its distinctive break over/ slip note etc. .two part yelp ...I could go on for hours about how that's accomplished,  but that would involve some trade secrets

Okay ...since the soundboard is stronger It takes a more dense and stronger frame to make it work ..think of how all thise guitars are made with ebonies and rosewoods ...it does look nice ...but the reason for the fancy wood is the SOUND quality ..I've made pushpins out of acrylic,  bamboo, you name it , I've done it ...but the ultra dense hardwoods like ebony and rosewoods and the like have the best SOUND .I'm not saying I won't come up with other design pushpins in the future. But the current soundboard/striker formula is dialed in , it purrs soft and can Crack over some very convincing Cutts and fighting rattles

Pushpins are NOT a beginner call , this is a myth perpetrated by the larger call companies that like a flock sheep started copying thier own sales pitches in a attempt to sell mass quantities of calls in the 1980's when turkey hunting exploded in popularity...yes you can make some turkey sounds right away ..but if you have the proper technique, you will will unlock a entirely new dimension to your hunting

The lid.... it keeps the guts dry  and the sound more consistent ...it looks nice , it's fancy ...but it again is for SOUND

I'll be making a small handful more calls this month..then taking a break I could and have made turkey calls year round in the past,  but I make other calls  , I am extremely busy with making pintail,wigeon and black Bellied calls in the fall and winter , with any luck I'll be able to retire from ups soon and concentrate on making more pushpins and duck calls ..I'll be adding a banner to the side of the site soon

Talk to you soon in a few weeks !!!Shannon

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Old Gobbler

-Shannon

Old Gobbler

-Shannon

sbbow

OUTSTANDING!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lcmacd 58

Greg Massey

Best craftsmanship and hunting calls... I agree it's all about the sound / tones the calls produce.

Lcmacd 58

The widgeon whistle is cool
Of course the push pin is awesome
When you be making the whistle again  ?

Old Gobbler

Quote from: Lcmacd 58 on May 04, 2024, 10:52:01 PMThe widgeon whistle is cool
Of course the push pin is awesome
When you be making the whistle again  ?
this year ...I'll probably start making duck calls earlier than normal...in late July in a attempt to build up some inventory for October when things go nuts , I get really swamped in duck season , last year was crazy with the pintail calls

-Shannon

Lcmacd 58

Put me down for a couple widgeon whistles

Old Gobbler

Quote from: Lcmacd 58 on May 06, 2024, 08:19:33 PMPut me down for a couple widgeon whistles
hollar at me in about a month,  I have plenty of Jade , that Bourbon was hot seller this year and I'll be ordering more of it

Shannon

-Shannon

Lcmacd 58