turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20 gauge long beard xr #6

Started by Berry93, April 10, 2023, 08:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sungrazer

I could not find any 3" 30 ga. that was not steel, or #5 Turkey loads. So I finally found some through ammo seek and ordered a box of Fiocchi golden pheasant #6 as I could not find those anywhere as well. I'm ashamed to admit what I paid for a box of 25 with shipping, but my over/under loves them in my up close barrel. I've always just bought one box in the past, didn't want to deprive a youth or first timer from Turkey ammo, but next time I see LBXR #6 on the shelf I'm stocking up. Tired of driving around seeking Turkey loads every year!

Marc

Quote from: Sungrazer on April 11, 2023, 08:57:52 PM
So I finally found some through ammo seek and ordered a box of Fiocchi Golden Pheasant #6 as I could not find those anywhere as well. I'm ashamed to admit what I paid for a box of 25 with shipping

Golden pheasants are a great load.  Love them for pheasants and chuckar, and in my opinion the best lead turkey load made.  They are (or at least were) nickel-plated, and hold a good pattern.  Can't shoot them (legally) in California any longer. :'(
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Bolandstrutters

Found a bunch at a local wal mart about a month ago.  Might be worth checking.

old3toe

I've wondered the same about companies trying to force people into shooting tss and the heavy shot loads. Anyone notice when you do find lead loads how much more expensive they are compared to what they were? Also remington went all in and started breaking down their LEAD premier loads into five round boxes like tss and is selling them for the same price as what ten rounds usually cost. It actually turns my stomach. I'll shoot cheap dove loads and call them to 20yds before I'll buy into their marketing BS schemes and pricing. Better yet I'll just roll my own and shoot whatever loads I want like i do centerfire and light shotshell loads.

Jordan121787

Extended back order on that place