Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Okay ....here's my schedule for the remainder of the season

Started by Old Gobbler, April 07, 2023, 07:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

I this weekend is spoken for with family etc...

Next weekend I'm hunting, there is a possibility that I might make a call or two between then and now , other than that it will be mid to late April before I get rolling with calls in a serious pace  I'll be making calls through May in the hopes of getting everyone a nice call possibly June

Everyone loves Snakewood ! But the prices are super high and the quality is scarce , the wood if you buy in small quantities is worth more than the calls I sell , so I get it in Logs to save my customers some $$ , ...I'll have to collect a little more to cover the cost of the log .. probably $50 ish dollars more than my  normal price  ..I might make one or two with mammoth ivory Inlays

Now ...let me make you aware I scored a spectacular log of Snakewood , the reason I only got a few calls done this week is because I spent a good amount of time "breaking down " that log into useable sizes I need ...this one log I got super lucky on , it was very expensive , but like a pro I extracted out enough check-free pieces , got lucky ...it's probably the best log I've ever had  ....

I hope all of you have safe seasons ..see you all soon Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

DFelico

Rickv

You've got my attention!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Tom

Gobbler428

Thanks for the update Shannon, I can't wait to see the snakewood push pins you make with that special log.

RLAG

Out of curiosity, what is your preferred way to break down logs without a sawmill? Vertical band saw/table saw combination?

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

HookedonHooks

Old Gobbler

Quote from: RLAG on April 07, 2023, 07:21:22 PM
Out of curiosity, what is your preferred way to break down logs without a sawmill? Vertical band saw/table saw combination?

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
table saw , with a special blade ..  I have bandsaws but the wobble on the cut will cost you some pieces ...

Sometimes I encapsulate the log in a jig so that the cuts are 90 degrees , thin kerf blades build up less heat .. a slow steady pace with a table saw with some "umph" and some experience will get you some nice pieces ...

Snakewood is extremely hard , and I have to be mindful of checks breaking off and flying at you

-Shannon

WAGinVA

I am very interested in a call and snakewood would be my first choice but I would take creosote log.  I appreciate your effort to get your calls to those that will use them.  I am definitely in that category BUT my internet connection is so slow that I can not successfully compete with your current system.  ( And I am old and slow.)

Lcmacd 58

+1 with WAGinVa
I tried my best but my phone connection is way too slow. But I definitely want 1.

Thnx

Mac

turkey stew

Good luck!  Like I said on another post I'm done trying. I  have been trying for quite a few years with no luck. Looking at all the people that are trying to aquire one. The list is getting longer! Shannon can't keep up with the demand. Congrats to the winners!

Zobo

Gorgeous calls!!! And congratulations to the winners, I'm just toooo slooow with this kind of stuff to be in the game. But it's cool to see the calls! Kill some birds with 'em guys, post some pics!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Old Gobbler

Quote from: turkey stew on April 07, 2023, 08:35:47 PM
Good luck!  Like I said on another post I'm done trying. I  have been trying for quite a few years with no luck. Looking at all the people that are trying to aquire one. The list is getting longer! Shannon can't keep up with the demand. Congrats to the winners!
don't worry I'll probably put in some post count minimums and I might possibly do a request or two if I get time in may ...

-Shannon

zelmo1

Ok boss, thanks. I'd like to put in a request for one of those mammoth ivory calls, lol.  :funnyturkey: Z

Rickv

I would like to get on a list for one as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk