OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fighting Purr ..how to

Started by Old Gobbler, April 05, 2023, 09:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

https://youtu.be/dK9s8e2mwaY

"Fighting Rattle " is one of my favorite calls to use while hunting  ...

Lovett Williams would mention it in his recordings...but the Two guys that are famous for making it popular 30 years ago was Harold Knight and David Hale , they marketed the fighting purr push pins and sold many a call...knight and Hale are 2 very smart turkey hunters and businessmen

Would you believe if I told you that I regularly kill a minimum of at least 1 gobbler a season , for over 30 years now  with the fighting rattle , it's a extra trick in my bag

Nothing works all the time ..but when it works it works , it will often work when nothing else will , and hears the catch the gobblers that fall for it are some seriously dominant gobblers sporting long spurs etc ..

If there is a group of gobblers running together..I use the fighting rattle with no hesitation

It takes practice..but when you get it figured out it comes in handy

Shannon 
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Lcmacd 58

Wow .... I had 1 of the fighting purrs a LONG time ago

Tyoung

Dr Juice

Turkeybutt

Like you said Shannon, "when it works, it's works."

tracker#1

When Knight & Hale first came out with the pair of black plastic boxes with thin under-laminate plywood bottoms, I was skeptical and thought it was a "gimmick"... They were for real. The first couple of times I used them, the birds almost ran me over...

btodd00

here I was worrying about getting one push pin, now I got to get two! lol

Tom007

I can tell you from very positive experience with this, a weary gobbler that will not commit WILL break and come running to this and run you over!!!
"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

Those fighting purrs are beyond awesome.... other push pin builders can't touch your push pins in my opinion...

Zobo

Quote from: btodd00 on April 06, 2023, 10:31:24 AM
here I was worrying about getting one push pin, now I got to get two! lol

Lol! :TooFunny:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

owlhoot

I have a pair of Knight and Hale with the cassette  tape , package is rough though.

the Ward

Great info, thanks for the post, it is very helpful for us pushpin rookies!

zelmo1

Absolutely awesome  :turkey2 Z