OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Super Vinci

Started by edward.penny2022, April 03, 2023, 08:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edward.penny2022

Does anyone here use this shotgun for turkeys? What choke and shells are yuo using. I have just gotten this gun and trying to find a good setup.

BigPimpin

My main waterfowl and dove gun is a 28" SV.  It's been beat up real bad.  Been underwater idk how many times, been left outside for days on end, ridden in the back of the truck and Polaris, covered in Arkansas mud and has had half the parts replaced in it.  I've experienced every problem a benelli can have and I still prefer my SV as my #1.  I hunted turkeys with it for a few years and killed 3 Georgia limits and an Osceola with it.  I shot LB6 out of a Sumtoy and was getting 267 in the 10 @ 40.  It shot 6" high, so I put a stick-on bead up front and learned how to hold it.  I later went on to shooting a Turlock TSS choke with Fed #9 3.5" and was getting 364 in the 10.  I quit hunting turkeys with it because I wanted a permanently mounted red dot on a turkey gun.  I used an M3500 24" and it patterns a touch better.  The Stoeger has killed a pile and is already up to 3 gobblers this year.  I would tote the SV in a heartbeat if I needed to.  Good luck and I hope it becomes a good one for you.
I'd rather be Drivin' > Disco.

bbcoach

I don't own a Vinci but several guys have posted their patterns in the 12 GA Benelli Pattern Pictures section.

Palmetto Pirate

Got a Stoeger in their  Camo Turkey gun model. When I bought it, it had 2 barrels 2 stocks and the chokes with it. It has been a dang good gun shoots any shells you feed it. I've killed literally hundreds of wild hogs with it, and my son in law uses it to hunt turkey and has killed 4 with it. I think it was on sale when I bought in for $299 at BPS. Would have bought 2 if I had known how good the are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My beard is grey and my spurs short and I roost on the ground but I still gobble in the Spring!

the Ward

I have a standard Vinci, so I'm not sure how applicable my experience is vs the 3.5 super.
I have got the best patterns with a choke in the .650-.655 range, with regular lead and hevishot.
Sumtoy makes a great choke for these guns, I have pattern pics in the Benelli pattern pic subforums.
My Vinci shot best with a clean, oil free barrel. My best patterns were with 3" magblends and Sumtoy
.650 choke. The one piece barrel and receiver is great for keeping gun zero'ed, no play and no problem
when disassembling gun for cleaning. Don't get insect repellent on the comfortec rubber pieces, it will
eat them up quickly, I learned this the hard way, and those comb replacements are ridiculously expensive. I'm in the process of making a wood one so I don't have this happen again. Vinci is an under rated
gun, I've had mine for 10 years I think, and it's been 100% reliable through thousands of rounds in many different hunting conditions for all kinds of game and targets.