OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Strikers

Started by Lone Star Eastern, March 31, 2023, 09:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lone Star Eastern

The two strikers I have are rounded at the tip, but in stores and such I'm seeing flat tipped strikers more than anything else, and a few flared tips. What are the pros and cons to these different tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fullfan

The flared tipped strikers have been around for a while. They started w the guys making custom strikers. Now I see that the Big names have jumped on the band wagon.  As for the flared tipped strikers sounding or working any diff than the normal strikers. Well, it is kind of like the age-old Ford vs Chevy deal.

I have several custom strikers w the flared tips that get just as much hunting as my normal strikers.
Don't gobble at me...

Lone Star Eastern

So no functional difference? What about the flat tip? Are companies just skipping a step in production by not rounding the tip off, or is there a reason I'm missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

There's a difference between the strikers and how they play ... IMO...  Do a search on the forum, this was discussed in several posts ...

Sir-diealot

I think there is a major difference in how they play myself. Also there is more than one kind of what many call a flarred tip, the one i like the most would be what I call a mushroom tip like the ones at the end of a David Halloran or Derrick Stuckey striker, much easier to play and much more forgiving.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."