turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

CVA scout .410

Started by NCspurs22, October 18, 2023, 03:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCspurs22

Anyone else hunting with the CVA scout 410? If so what is your choke and shell combo? What sight as well?

Jstocks

Just bought one today and to be honest, I'm very impressed.

Mine has the Jebs choke and is the compact model with the shims for LOP adjustments. As with all CVA scouts I've fooled with, very nice trigger. To me, this is the new standard for youth turkey guns. I have a Bushnell trs-25 on mine but will likely get a swampfox.

Kyle_Ott

I bought one for my son several weeks ago.  Plan on transitioning him off of his heavily modified Stevens 301 to the scout next season.

I've messed around with most of the .410 single shot offerings currently on the market and the CVA is by far the most superior in terms of build quality.  The stocks fit with precision, the trigger is a clean 3lbs and the barrel is thicker than most of its competition.  The .390 Jebs XXfull choke that comes stock with the gun is really nice, too.

I replaced the stock base with a low profile Sumtoy mount and threw a Vortex Venom on top of it. 
Right now I've got Apex Ninja 9.5s, Apex PT410 9's and Foxtrot 9.5s to pattern through it this weekend.

Will report back with results but I'm pretty excited about this gun.