OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Knight Forearm rest

Started by Shahou8, March 28, 2023, 09:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shahou8

I'm still searching for a knight forearm rest
Please let me know if you have one or know of one that is for sale
Thank you

Notsoyoungturk

I tried to find one last year.  Eventually found the guy that made them.  He was talking about selling the company and they are not being made any more.  He was talking about making another run but I never heard from him.  Hunters Specialty (what I have now) and Mossy Oak make a version but I don't like them as well as the design on the Knight.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Sir-diealot

I spoke with him in 2021 right after all the Covid stuff and he was not able to get the stuff from his supplier to make them. (Or the person that made them for him was not, I do not quite recall which and don't want to lie to you) At that time he had the full vests for sale with it but I just did not have the money to do it and my GF had just bought me a vest for either CHRISTmas or my birthday and showing up with another vest would have been hazardous to my health.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Notsoyoungturk

Do you still have his contact info.  I have misplaced it.  If you do, would you pm me.  Thanks
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Notsoyoungturk on March 29, 2023, 03:54:48 PM
Do you still have his contact info.  I have misplaced it.  If you do, would you pm me.  Thanks
I am not sure and if I do it was his personal phone number not his business phone so I would have to ask him first. If he is alright with it then I will pass it on.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

TJR

Are you referring to the one that came with the hands free vest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notsoyoungturk

I am fairly certain it is the same one.  Here is a picture.

Shahou8

This is what I am looking for!!

dms2511

I spoke with him this past February at the NWTF convention in Nashville, as I have 2 of his vest and love them.  He is officially out of the vest market and told me that he had no choice because he was getting inconsistent craftsmanship from the factory in China that was producing the vest and he could no longer to afford to stay in business. Very unfortunate, and he said that he didn't have anymore vest laying around and only a couple for himself and his son to use. They both still film hunts for their show "Turkey Hunter" that is sponsored by Browning. Such a great vest and idea with the integrated shooting rest, hard to believe that a big manufacture never bought him out for the patent and produced the vest. I have had the vest save me on more then one occasion when a Tom walked in silently as I wasn't paying attention, but luckily that gun rest saved me with having the gun already up on my knee. Great vest!

Sir-diealot

He called me back this evening, he is no longer making them mainly because of supply reasons and the stress it was causing him trying to get them made. He said it was just costing him to much time with making sure the people in China were not ripping him off and that he had taken to many trips there and he was making more money in the same amount of time in his construction job. He is in the beginning stages of talks with at least one company to see them his patent for them.The number I have for him is indeed his private number and I will not be sharing that as I told him I would not.

John Koenig:

TJR

I think I have one laying around. I'll check and let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shahou8

Please do
I need one in a bad way

Notsoyoungturk

Thank you for checking with him.  I have also been looking for one for a while.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Notsoyoungturk on March 31, 2023, 09:08:31 PM
Thank you for checking with him.  I have also been looking for one for a while.
You're quite welcome

John Koenig: