OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

It's Only Money Men

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, June 26, 2011, 11:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

Longshanks

Wow! Thats a work of art...For that much i could buy a shotgun a rifle and a 4 wheel drive..( and a country boy can survive) :z-guntootsmiley:

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Wingbone

I saw a couple of those when I was shooting competition. They really are works of art, and they fit so comfortably, but I just can't imagine paying that much for a gun. The guys that I came across shooting them ironically were in the amatuer division and weren't very skilled. But, they were very rich and enjoyed the sport, so I guess they decided if they weren't going to win, then they were by-golly gonna shoot in style. When I hit the lottery next year I'm gonna buy one. lol
In Hoc Signo Vinces

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

gophert

My wife would argue the validity of the word "need". 

drenalinld

I got to shoot sporting clays with a couple guys that do a lot of trick shooting demos and they were shooting Kreighoff's. One of them said his cost $40K and the other was close to $50K new. They were great shooters with or without them. I struggled to bust 60/100 birds. They shot 97/100 and 99/100. The three they missed were from the hip on crossing birds.

We finished 1 bird out of the money as a team. I couldn't resist, I told them if they hadn't been screwing around and dropped those three birds we could have won some money!!!.....lol

I did shoot both guns and they felt great, but I missed birds just the same.

BOFF

Absolutely some fine craftsmanship, with gorgeous wood figuring.

I've had the chance to handle a few at the gun show, but never have shot one. :'(

God Bless,
David B.

redarrow

WALLED LAKE !! Thats only 20 miles from my house. I gotta go buy it.

OLE RASPY

That's a BEAUTIFUL gun there.

SumToy

That is about the middle of the line on them guns.  Most of the money in them is to make them look nice.  They are a very good built gun but can see that they any better.  I had one in shop last week it was on the lower end it not but around 15.  Friend got one that was 34 and asked me if I wanted to shoot it.  I told him I not even want to look at it. LOL

They also so make a 3 barrel set up with rifle and shotgun combos. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: redarrow on June 26, 2011, 07:30:02 PM
WALLED LAKE !! Thats only 20 miles from my house. I gotta go buy it.

Hey maybe we can help with the downpayment!   :lol:

Old Gobbler

They are nice guns, I myself don,t worship material items , but I do admire the London Best Side by Sides - especially the Purdies and Holland & Hollands - most of the money put into those is labor for the fit and finish - I've held a few like these and when you turn the lock on them , the barrels glide open like they were on bearings -

They point and handle like a dream- I always think to myself with the wonders of mass production , why someone cannot take a fine example and make a mass produced blue collar mans version-  we are talking synthetic stock with a adj- pull and comb - a lock mechanism that is c-n-c  and coat the whole thing with a mil-spec coating and sell them for $500-$700 out the door -   

We are talking clone a side by side or over and under with dream pointing characteristics  and crank them out like NEF's or H&Rs with the same price point - the key of course would be to make them point and handle like the high dollar items
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon