OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mr. Fox

Started by reflexl, March 22, 2023, 07:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

I have set back and watched the Mr. Fox vest and calls and actually find it quite amuzing. Back in 1986 there was a local gun/ hunting shop that decided to start having seminars. One of the owners worked for us and ran the shop on the weekends. He came in one day all excited telling me about this new ground breaking camo. They were going to have the inventor of the camo up to do a little seminar. I went of course and my guess is there were around 25 of us. The gentleman got up and explained his new camo. I enjoyed it. After the seminar they had a table set up selling T-Shirts in the new camo. The gentlemen that were selling the T-Shirts were Toxie and Mr. Fox Haas. I still have mine. Somehow I think I would rather have my T-Shirt than anything they could put his name on. 

guesswho

Nice treasure.   I wonder if his health will allow him to get out any this year.   I hope he is able to experience it all again.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Howieg

Greg Massey

Awesome, thanks for sharing ....priceless memories ... While i was at the Event, i got a Tee Shirt with Mr Fox logo...

harleytom

Great story! Somewhere buried in all my old hunting gear is an original pair of bottomland pants with NWTF logo on them. I'm pretty sure it was late 80's early 90's. Of course they shrunk so much that I can't fit in them now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GobbleGitr

Amazing how the items we buy/others sell for utility can become collectible (whether by our nostalgia or success of those companies). Wish I had some of the early items I bought!

reflexl

I hope Mr. Fox with be able to chase birds again this year. That was the only interaction I ever had with him but I do remember he was very nice and enjoyed talking to everyone. Of course he was 37 years younger and well able to chase birds. Like harleytom's pants, my shirt also seems to have shrunk.

Greg Massey

His family support group is awesome in my opinion. So hopefully he gets to hunt again this spring. You could tell this from attending the Event in W P Miss.