OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Help From the PA Guys, Gordonville, PA

Started by Sir-diealot, March 22, 2023, 01:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Turkeybutt on March 23, 2023, 04:37:39 AM
The Strasburg Railroad is free unless you want to take a ride. You could get some photos there. Across the street is the railroad museum but I don't know what that costs.
Since you are a photographer once that steam engine leaves the station you could get in your vehicle get ahead of it and get some photos on its run. The whole trip might be 45 minutes to an hour.
If I wasn't working I'd meet you Steve and show you around. Make sure you buy some Hammond's pretzels!
Thank you much for that information. I think I would have to drive ahead of it like you suggest, this trip was dropped on me two days ago, had I known a month or so ago I would be able to do more money wise. I thank you very much for the thought, it would be nice to meet another member. Hey he had mentioned he wants to stop and get some steaks Friday night, is there anyplace you would suggest? Thanks again.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Turkeybutt

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Just letting y'all know that I made it here safely. Pretty view at the hotel, these are just with the cell phone.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

John Koenig:

Happy

Was up in that area last weekend. I spent a few hours at Lancaster archery looking to buy a new bow. They didn't have the model or poundage I wanted in stock, but I still managed to buy several dozen arrows shafts, a new sight, stabilizer bar and release. Will just order the bow later this spring

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Mick2394

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 24, 2023, 04:12:19 PM
Just letting y'all know that I made it here safely. Pretty view at the hotel, these are just with the cell phone.

Glad to see you made it safely. Hope you have a good time and find things to get into. Enjoy the scenery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Semper Fi

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Happy on March 24, 2023, 06:59:37 PM
Was up in that area last weekend. I spent a few hours at Lancaster archery looking to buy a new bow. They didn't have the model or poundage I wanted in stock, but I still managed to buy several dozen arrows shafts, a new sight, stabilizer bar and release. Will just order the bow later this spring
We drove right by it on the way in, we plan to stop on the way out of town. I was shocked that about everyone in his family shoots traditional and he had never heard of the place 

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Mick2394 on March 24, 2023, 07:53:58 PM

Glad to see you made it safely. Hope you have a good time and find things to get into. Enjoy the scenery!

We stopped at the Shady Maple mentioned above and had dinner, not an easy place to go and stick to your diet but I was a good boy. We decided that his second bowl of ice cream had no calories since he was really eating my bowl that I could not have. I will see how the body feels in the morning and I may go to that train station also mentioned above while he is in his meeting, it is about half an hour away from where he will be.

John Koenig:

Mick2394

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 24, 2023, 08:16:41 PM
Quote from: Mick2394 on March 24, 2023, 07:53:58 PM

We stopped at the Shady Maple mentioned above and had dinner, not an easy place to go and stick to your diet but I was a good boy. We decided that his second bowl of ice cream had no calories since he was really eating my bowl that I could not have. I will see how the body feels in the morning and I may go to that train station also mentioned above while he is in his meeting, it is about half an hour away from where he will be.

Shady maple is a great place to eat, good for you for sticking to it..hard place to do it. Hopefully you feel up to it tomorrow and the rain holds off for you to go to the station

Semper Fi

Turkeybutt

Steve the Strasburg Railroad is about 7 miles from Lancaster Archery. They ( Lancaster Archery) have an elevator to go to the 2nd floor.  The traditional  Archery stuff is in the back of the showroom. You don't need to take a number unless you are getting a bow worked on. So if you are going to buy something just grab it and take it to the register. Sorry I couldn't meet you but I worked until 7 PM last night and until 11 PM tonight. I hope you enjoyed your time while here and I apologize for not making a better effort to meet you.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Turkeybutt on March 25, 2023, 06:02:38 AM
Steve the Strasburg Railroad is about 7 miles from Lancaster Archery. They ( Lancaster Archery) have an elevator to go to the 2nd floor.  The traditional  Archery stuff is in the back of the showroom. You don't need to take a number unless you are getting a bow worked on. So if you are going to buy something just grab it and take it to the register. Sorry I couldn't meet you but I worked until 7 PM last night and until 11 PM tonight. I hope you enjoyed your time while here and I apologize for not making a better effort to meet you.
Thanks bud, I did stop by the archery store, horrible place to go with little money in your pocket, I did have his credit card but...  Well you know :) Don't worry about not meeting up, life happens bud, I understand that. Oh by the way it started pouring so I do not think I will make it to the train place I am sorry to say.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Well made it briefly

John Koenig:

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Sir-diealot

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on March 25, 2023, 02:40:36 PM

Here you go! Right up yer alley Sir!  :toothy9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2TKQma7ijw
I do not recall where but I saw this earlier this week, guy sure looks like he is having fun. I know there is more than one video.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Thought some might like to see some pictures. I lined them up to show the progression of steam coming out, for us older folk that remember these if you scale down quickly it will look like the steam is moving like in those books we used to get with the little comic on the top corner page when we flipped through the pages. Or at least that is my theory. The one picture second to last is the people they hire to dress in period clothes and act for the kiddies waving to the passengers as the train goes by. Last one is the water tower, I am guessing you had that one figured though. :D

John Koenig: