turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Putting OG patches to use

Started by Meleagris gallopavo, March 27, 2023, 06:28:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meleagris gallopavo

So I buy multiple OG patches each year, but they stay in a stack in a drawer somewhere.  I decided that the smaller Boney ones would be the right size to go on a cap.  Whatcha think?
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 27, 2023, 06:29:40 AM
I like it !!!!
Thanks!  Wish I had placed the patch a little lower on the mesh cap.

Turkeybutt

GuideGun

I had bought an extra 2023 patch to put on a hat but it's too big to fit. I need to trade it for an older patch like that so it'll fit.
Matt

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: GuideGun on March 27, 2023, 07:35:40 AM
I had bought an extra 2023 patch to put on a hat but it's too big to fit. I need to trade it for an older patch like that so it'll fit.
These are the smallest one's I had.  i liked to color too.  I may use the larger ones for my gear bags or vests.

Sir-diealot

Turned out nice. I did the same a few years ago with the anniversary patch
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

If i'm not mistaken, those patches were from the old limited edition ones .. remake ....

highcj5

Did you guys just iron them on?  Or are did you get them stitched on? 

Sir-diealot

Quote from: highcj5 on March 27, 2023, 07:26:53 PM
Did you guys just iron them on?  Or are did you get them stitched on?
I had mine ironed on.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

highcj5

And it has held up well?  Always that you would have to stitch it to hold good?  Thanks, might have to try this. 

Sir-diealot

Quote from: highcj5 on March 27, 2023, 08:37:23 PM
And it has held up well?  Always that you would have to stitch it to hold good?  Thanks, might have to try this.
Has held on great. One thing I did learn though, make sure the bill of the hat is not made of plastic or it may melt a little bit and change the way the hat fits.

John Koenig:

Tom007

Real nice.......love it. Heres how I put one to use, a lot of people ask me what it is. I tell them it's a "Proud Fraternity"..
"Solo hunter"

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tom007 on March 27, 2023, 08:41:10 PM
Real nice.......love it. Heres how I put one to use, a lot of people ask me what it is. I tell them it's a "Proud Fraternity"..
That it is my friend, that it is.

John Koenig:

Turkeybutt

Quote from: Tom007 on March 27, 2023, 08:41:10 PM
Good for you Tom and that is exactly what we are, a "Proud Fraternity". Very well stated my friend!