OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

a flock of "Snoz"

Started by adkmountainken, March 19, 2023, 08:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adkmountainken

almost that time of year ago, May 1 not to far off now which box to i take with me opening day???? Mr. Snodgrass makes some true killers!

Bedge7767

Jim

gobblers roost

Visited Snooz a few weeks back ,great callmaker/man.Came home with a few calls  4.lol

310 gauge

Nice stack of lumber in that case!

Mathews.1

I just had breakfast with him Saturday morning and picked up three more calls and one of his little soft talkers. What a great time.

Sir-diealot

Very nice, I only have one of his. I have to wait till May First as well.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Edit: Here is mine and it's information.
New boat paddle from Raulph "Snozz" Snoddgrass "The box is made from walnut wood from his uncles basement and is belived to be 60 years old. The Lid is made from Brazilian Walnut." I also got his holster that he sells and one thing he did tell me was to never carry the call with the lid or bottom facing out, always sideways because if you carry it the other way you are just asking for a broken box call. Now I do not know if that is with just his or with all box calls but I carry them sideways not except in my Glenda Green holsters.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Yoder409

They don't come any better than Ralph.

:icon_thumright:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

crow

paboxcall

Awesome collection, simply some of the best boxes made from one of the greats, just a true gentleman.

Here are two incredible calls of his, one of which is always with me in the spring and fall seasons.

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

EZ

Quote from: paboxcall on March 19, 2023, 10:01:30 PM
Awesome collection, simply some of the best boxes made from one of the greats, just a true gentleman.

Very well said. Ralph is a great friend and a big part of turkey hunting and call making history.

Zobo

One of the more engaging and interesting call makers I've spoken to, great bunch of calls you've got there
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14