OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington Versa Max?

Started by WiLL B, June 23, 2011, 05:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiLL B

I shot a Versa Max today and liked it! Any of you know much about them?

SumToy

They are good gun but for the money I not know if it is better then the 1187.   Now it does not use the normal remington choke.   From what I find the chokes are not built by all choke companies. 

SumToy Customs ,Kick's/C-N-C, and  Trulock that I know of.  Clark said he could also get them but he will need to fill you in on what choke.

This target was at 40 with 7's.  We just had one in and try it to see. 

[attachment deleted by admin]
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

WiLL B

Good Patern! I was impressed by the way it pointed and the light recoil.

allaboutshooting

I  was visiting with a large Remington dealer on Tuesday and he told me that after a pretty slow start, that gun has become very popular. As a matter of fact, while I was there he sold a couple of them.

Turkey chokes are becoming much more available now.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

fallsflight

I will tell you the VM is a joy to shoot.  I have shot everything from low base trap loads to 3 inch mags out of mine and have not had any issues whatsoever.  When normally shooting 3" mags on the range, we all know that they can be a bit much at times.  I could have kept shooting for hours with this gun.  The recoil reduction system does what it supposed to.

I have had absolutely no issues with this gun jamming and just to test that, I have not cleaned the gun up to this point with the exception of running a bore snake down the barrel to keep shots somewhat consistent when patterning.  The gun points and swings nice and as some say it seems bulky to them, I do not find this the case.  

I can't wait to get this gun in the field this fall for some hardcore waterfowl hunting.   The chokes that come with the gun should work for most people in most situations.  I have not tried the turkey choke that came with it, but the others I have.  I know for sure PG and Briley are some of the other choke companies that have ProBore chokes.  I am probably going to pick up one of those to see how they perform in the VM.

I am very glad I bought this gun without a doubt.

rempumpman

Have seen and handled them but haven't had the extra funds to buy one; but to be honest and this is just MY personal opinon, I think I will just stay with my ol' 870 remington because it has never failed me yet!; can buy ALOT of shells for that price ( that's what my wife of 32 years keeps telling me ) .................. :fud:
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

fallsflight

Quote from: rempumpman on June 26, 2011, 12:03:55 AM
Have seen and handled them but haven't had the extra funds to buy one; but to be honest and this is just MY personal opinon, I think I will just stay with my ol' 870 remington because it has never failed me yet!; can buy ALOT of shells for that price ( that's what my wife of 32 years keeps telling me ) .................. :fud:

Believe you me, I am as big of a fan of the 870 as anyone and use them a lot for turkeys, deer, waterfowl, upland you name it and will continue to do so, but the VM sure is sweet!