OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anybody have the original Old Boney story?

Started by sixbird, February 22, 2023, 12:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixbird

Anybody have the Old Boney story. I'd LOVE to read that! Sure a lot of guys would likewise...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Quote from: sixbird on February 22, 2023, 12:55:54 PM
Anybody have the Old Boney story. I'd LOVE to read that! Sure a lot of guys would likewise...

Shannon post it couple days ago , just look under his post and you can read the story ...

wyetterp

Shannons words...

"Boney...the story , the short version (not the long one )is he embodies the spirit of turkey hunters who literally live and die to turkey hunt , I know a few buried in head to toe turkey hunting camouflage (mossy oak ), another old generous gentleman who passed away and they found him under a shady oak tree ... They lived for turkey hunting , thought about it constantly (do you know someone like that ? , Lol)

Boney symbolizes the turkey hunter in us that will hunt forever"

And for this year he stated....

"..it has the ever popular site mascot "boney " giving a gobbler a free ride out of turkey woods toting a shotgun and not paying attention to where he is going or what he has stepped into !   they look totally awesome ,

" WE ARE NOT LETTING A SNAKE INFESTED SWAMP GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD TIME !!"

My understanding is they help you shoot more accurate & you'll be snake proof. Quite sure the older ones hold some good mojo too.

That's about all I could find. I'm sure others have better details. I would also love to hear.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

sixbird

Thanks Wyet...I saw that but think I remember reading the long version. I'd like to find that again.

wyetterp

Hope you find it. I'd like to hear it also.

Following along as well.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

sixbird